Day 267

The world is empty now. A new kind of quiet sets in. One I've been all too familiar with in the past few months. A kind that I never experience before that day. Before humans became a rare sight for me.
​That deafening silence. I hate it more than anything. It's a silence that pierces your soul and breaks down your heart. A silence that hurts you more than any injury that any mortal can stand. A silence that screams out how alone you are in the world.
​I wish, no I ask for noise now. Anything that will break the never-ending silence. Even though I know that the silence can never end. Even though I know that a break in the silence means people. And people mean guns. And anything with a guns are itching for a fight. Fights usually lead to one person leaving the silence, for good, and the other to suffer more.
​I wonder why the victors prize is more suffering in this forsaken world. I guess that the punishment for taking a life. I wonder why I still follow my dad's motto 'shoot first ask questions later'. It's not like they did anything to him. Or me. I guess we're both scared to go. Even though al the lucky ones got killed in the explosion from the nuclears. It's kinda funny how dad left. He was always worried about people killing us, and a disease caused by radiation took her, along with the rest of the unlucky. I'm one of the punished, tormented, etc. I've heard it all from those who cursed me with their last breath. I preferred the forgotten, because that's how I feel. The Forgotten in the Silence.