12:07

I should go back to sleep.   I turned over to check the clock, yeah 12:06 I have to go to bed.  Mom will kill me if I sleep in.  Lying back down, I drag the clock over to set the alarm to 8:00.  Wait, what was that... that scratching noise?  I turn toward the closet.  No, I'm imaging it.  There it is again.  It must be the cat trying to open the door... it can't be the closet.  There is nothing in there.  I release a breath that I was holding; I put the clock back down as the time changes to 12:07.  I closed my eyes trying to go to sleep as I hear the door open.  Huh? I thought I locked the door, the cat shouldn't be able to open it.  Fear rushes though my veins as I sit up, only to be pinned down by the wrist by a thing that I hesitate to call living.  I tried to scream but as I do It dig It's claw-like nails in to my skin.  I howled in pain, but It only dig deeper. I felt blood run down my arms.  Though the pain, I opened my eyes to stare at this demon. Its yellow eyes stare back and, though It is smiling, the smile doesn't reach Its eyes.  It resembles a girl, but it hard to tell, as It is covered in dirt and rags. Hoping someone in the house will hear me, I scream at the top of my lungs.  But there was no response from the house or the demon, except the sound of nails going though flesh.  I can't look at It anymore, the pain is too fierce.  As soon as I closed my eyes, I felt it's smile turn to a look of disappointment.  Much like a child that just broke her toy.

            "Look at me!" It hissed, "I want to watch you as you die!  Watch you as the light leaves those pretty eyes of yours."  I just shut my eyes tighter, partly for the pain and partly for the smell of rancid meat of Its breath.  "That is not the answer I want!" It yells, "Look at me!"  Its nails went though my wrist as It screamed the last warning.  With a gasp of pain, I opened my eyes.  It smiled at me.

            "Why?" it took all of my energy to ask, 'why?.  But instead of an answer It just laughed. In one swift movement, It bends down and rips out my neck with Its teeth.  I couldn't help trying to breathe, and then choking on my blood.  I felt my warm blood pouring out of my neck and spurting out whenever I coughed.  It released me causing the blood to pour freely from my wrist.  It bends down to my ear " Don't worry about your family," I hissed "they will be joining you shortly."  The last things I could remember is Its laugh and turning over to see the clock change to 12:21...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

            I bolt up.  Breathing rapidly, I first feel my neck, then my wrist for signs of blood or holes.  I topple over with a sigh of relieve.  It was just a dream.  A horrible dream.  A nightmare.  I freeze up.  What was that?  It sounded like...no, it can't be.  It must be the cat.  The cat must be trying to get in the room.  It can't be... the closet.  I turn over to check the clock just to make sure... Oh my... no. I feel my blood run cold.  12:06.  The clock changes to 12:07.  I scream as I hear the closet door open.