Chapter Six

Chapter 6

"So what's the plan?" my grandmother's voice rings out in my head, I continue to creep through the back ways of the castle.

"First I need to find a safe spot to cast a spell so I can give you a physical vessel, I've been thinking of ways to do this for days and I think I finally figured it out" I explain looking around the corner making sure the coast was clear. I quickly draw a magic circle in the dirt and stand to my feet.

"You ready grandma?"

"As I'll ever be" she responds back, I feel her slight apprehension and I don't blame her, if this goes wrong, I could destroy the remaining life energy she has. I mumble a spell moving the earth beneath me molding it into the form that I see her as, sweat beads down my face as I pour my energy into the figure. I look down and grin to myself.

"I did it, it really worked" I muttered, quickly snapping out of my accomplishment I tether her soul to the body and wait to see if her soul binds to the vessel. I watch as the figure begins to twitch, suddenly a ray of light shines through the mouth and eyes and just as quickly as it happened it went away.

"You really are just too talented" grandma gets up moving around stretching testing her makeshift body around.

"The breast could have been a bit larger but overall a splendid job" she ruffled my hair before giving me a big hug, causing me to laugh.

"I just created you a functional body, on my first attempt mind you and that's the takeaway?" I joke back, I take a careful look at what I've done.

"I'll ask you a bunch of questions later but since it looks as if you are satisfied enough, we got to keep moving, I know my magic energy will be sensed soon" I handed her a cloak to put around herself since she was currently naked. "and clothes" I add, she just laughs and ties the strings on the garment.

"I've only been here once before so I'm going to teleport us into the castle" she nods and I begin casting the spell needed.

"I swear I hear voices around here" I could hear someone say, I grab ahold of my grandmother's hand and a heartbeat later we fizzle out of there and the next we are standing in the halls of the castle. I could feel my mothers presence close by.

"Follow me" we briskly walk down the halls going towards my mom. Just around this corner I think to myself a smile appearing on my face, I round the corner just to bump into someone, I fall back but a strong grip catches me keeping me grounded.

"MIRA! Oh my sweet baby I thought you had been captured or banished!" my mother wraps me in her arms and for the first time in a while, tears roll down my face I embrace my mother.

"I've missed you so much mom" I say after I manage to calm myself, she leans back taking in my features smiling.

"You look good my love, and your energy is almost overwhelming, we need to mask it" she says standing to her feet.

"Well who might this be? You seem very familiar" during our reunion I had forgotten about grandma, I stood and grinned at my mom.

"Mom don't be alarmed but while I was in the shadow lan-

"THE SHADOW LANDS! THAT BASTARD! I TOLD HIM I WA-"

"No no mom you got it all wrong, dad didn't send me there I went on my own, I made an agreement with dad that I would go there long enough for him to sort out the mess here, but I've learned some things and the gods aren't what they seem." I quickly explain to her everything I've learned and what I've been planning. At the end of my explanation she looks at me with a shocked expression.