Chapter Twelve

Chapter 12

Stepping into the castle I immediately felt on edge, it was quiet, too quiet. I wrap my hand tightly around the hilt of my sword as I step in front of my grandma protectively as we make our way through the castle.

"Mom, where are you?" I linked to her when I still couldn't find her after searching most of the castle.

"Mira! Thank goodness you're alright, I'm on the way to Frogollds, I got report of an attack there"

"The mist fields? Why would they attack the mist fields it's almo-......mom don't go there, it's a trap."

"Not sure why they would hit- what do you mean a tr-" she cuts out suddenly.

"MOM? MOM WHAT'S HAPPENING? MOM!" I shouted frantically through the link but she didn't answer back and that sinking feeling grew making me feel even more unsettled, I turned to my grandma.

"Grandma, I need you to stay here, I'm going to check on a few things"

"Why can't I go?"

"I need you to protect the castle and the beings here, I need someone I trust and know can handle protecting our home base" I explained, placing my hand in the center of her chest and begin transferring my energy into her vessel until she couldn't hold anymore. I ignore the strange pull at my tug outer consciousness as I finish up.

"I'll be back as soon as I can, you have enough energy to blow away this entire domain or a few days if I'm not back tonight, whichever happens first"

"W-why do I-

"I really have to go now" I rush out not wanting to answer anymore questions I can't answer at the moment. I spread my wings, wincing at the slight pain that shot through me as I began flapping them, the fight with the relic spirit did more damage to me than I thought. With hyper speed I soar through the air heading towards Frogollds. Why would they attack there? It didn't make sense to attack there, the mist was so thick you could barely see two feet in front of yourself; many get lost and die out here, so often that Frogollds is unofficially known as a hidden entrance to Daewizan (the land of the dead).

I fly faster until the air around me starts to thicken, even the outskirts of the mist fields it was becoming difficult to see. As I flew deeper into the mist I could faintly hear swords clashing, muffled screams, and the amount of spiritual energy floating through the air told me I was getting closer.

"AGHHHHHHHH!" I scream as a beam of yellow-green energy hits me, something latches on to my left ankle and begins pulling me downwards. I grit my teeth as the hole in my side begins to heal itself, I pull my sword out slicing at the thing wrapped around my ankle. It screams out and lets go but before I could do anything next another appendage wraps around my wrists causing my sword to drop from my grasp.

"Y-YOU INSOLENT CHILD!!!" The being roars, tightening its hold on me, I flap my wings harder upwards trying to get away but to no avail; well if you want me you can have me. I close my eyes to enhance my hearing as I use sonar surrounding, I could feel the energy of 10 high gods, 20-30 minor gods, and a few monsters.

"Graya still fighting to be noticed" I say condescendingly as I grip the tendril that had wrapped around my waist and squeeze as I shift into my demon form. I squeeze until she shrieks loudly and I clench down until I rip it apart. Before giving her time to realize what I'm doing I drop down in front of her grabbing her throat, as soon as my fingers come into contact with her flesh she begins screaming in agony. Black cracks form on her features, gray light appears from the cracks as she begins to disintegrate. Thick tendrils penetrate my torso, legs and anywhere else she could get, blood trickles out the corner of my mouth but I just sneer at the pitiful goddess.