Chapter 24

Samantha

My mum sighed, as she began with her story.

"Sam, when I got pregnant with you. We had a family issue, Calum was just a toddler back then he wasn't well aware of things but he knew that I wanted to keep you. But I couldn't.." She said tears streaming down her face

"We had a money problem, your dad was always drunk and spending money on alcohol when I told him not to, he would always be out and we would always fight.. When you were born and in my arms I brought you home but you got severly sick and we couldn't pay for your hospitalization."

"So you gave me away?" I asked tears running down my face

"Yes, I did."

"Why?" I asked staring at her

"Because I didn't want to see you suffer. I didn't want my only daughter to be gone already. So I gave you away, and they adopted you."

"But why? Why didn't you come back for me after all these years? Was it that easy to forget me?"

"No, Sam.."

"Well that's how I feel! I felt that I wasn't worth it, that I was nothing to you. That I didn't mean anything to you. Do you know how hard it is? After all these years. I searched for you while you did nothing."

"Sam believe me I did.. I just gave up."

"You gave up? I knew it." I said looking down on the floor.

"Sam let me explain."

"No. Just leave me alone." I said softly, running up to my room and shutting the door.

I sunk to the ground and covered my mouth as violent sobs escaped me. Her words repeating in my head.

"I just gave up.."

Gave up..

Of all the things that I've changed, I thought I changed my heart but when I met them it resorted back to the way it was, and I don't like this feeling. A feeling that I've known to forget.

I'm getting hurt.. Again.

-:-

The next morning I woke up and stayed in my bed room, I would leave to just get food but I wouldn't interact with any of them. My manager has been calling me non-stop to record a few more songs but I said that I was sick and can't be bothered.

I grabbed my phone and checked my twitter. My fans were tweeting if I was still alive, or of I was still fine or something.

So I decided to tweet to them "@Sammy: Hello loves! Doing fine and I'm still alive btw. Just feeling a bit sick. :-)) x"

"@Sammy: I promise that once I'm feeling fine I'll record more songs for you. :-)) xx"

And with that, a lot of people retweeted and favorited those two tweets. They were the sweetest telling me to get better and stuff. Then it hit me, a lot of my fans see me as an inspiration and they depend on me. I couldn't let their hopes down, so I did what has to be done. I took a quick shower and got dressed and went to the studio.

I texted my manager, Gwen and told her that I'm fine and that I'm going to go to the studio and she should meet me there. She replied with an okay and I went downstairs and put on some shoes.

I hailed a taxi cab and went to the studio. When I arrived no fans swarmed me which was a good sign until a little girl stopped in front of me.

"Hi." I smiled down at her