Chapter 3 [edited]

Cale and Ciel were following after Ron as they walked toward the dining room. Ciel could see that every servant has a surprised look when they look at him, but they lower their heads and flinch whenever Cale passes by them.

Ciel then remembered that he is known as "the sickly young master."

Cale sighed softly at this nostalgic sight.

Ciel could see people avoiding Cale, even though he never actually injured anyone.

"Cale had a hard time, yet he is trying his best to control his expression."

Despite the thoughts running through his head, Cale controlled his expression well, keeping it stoic.

"I will now open the door."

"Sure"

"I wish both of you a pleasant dinner, young master Cale and young master Ciel."

"Good evening, Father."

"You two have arrived. "Take your seats, Cale, Ciel."

Cale picked up a sausage with his fork and began eating with a stoic face.

Ciel looked at him and then started eating too.

But then Deruth asked, "Ciel, are you fine now?"

"I am Father; we were late because me and Hyung overslept."

Ciel answered with an expressionless face.

Deruth seemed like he wanted to say something, but Rok Soo and Cale no longer paid him any attention and just ate their meals silently.

After eating, finally, their coward of a father decided to ask.

"Sons, is there anything you need?"

"Money"

Both answered in perfect unison.

"S-Sure"

All of them cast the twins a surprised look, but Deruth eventually managed to reply.

"Great. Please give us as much as you can."

Cale added, and he could feel his two younger siblings looking at him, but there was no need for him to be embarrassed. Wasn’t it better to ask for money instead of drinking and causing a ruckus?

"Sure. I’ll give you as much as I can."

Cale started to smile, satisfied with his father’s response. However, Ciel was at a loss for words after returning to his chamber and receiving the check from the deputy butler, Hans.

The check that was issued through a partnership with the Treasury Department and the Magic Department made Ciel’s heart run wild.

"So much money?"

This family didn’t seem to have just a bit of money. In fact, they seem to have a lot of money.

The novel did mention that Cale received a large allowance, but it did not mention the exact amount. However, he could realistically understand how large it was based on the amount listed on the check.

"10 million gallons."

Cale looked at him in silence, looked at his check, and gave it to Ciel.

Ciel looked at him, surprised, and took it.

However, Cale asked him again.

"Who are you, and why do I have memories of you that I knew never happened in my entire life?"
***

• Cale gave his check to Ciel because he saw Rok Soo’s eyes shining brightly.
So, he gave it to him to make him happier (but he still has yet to know the exact reason behind the action).