Chapter 8

I staggered home feeling dizzy. Gosh, I shouln't have drank so much!

I got halfway through the tequila bottle because someone in the club said I looked like someone who can't handle alcohol.

He's right.

Earlier, though, I didn't want to admit it. I even said I can finish the whole bottle. Now I'm holding a bottle while trying to walk straight.

Just a few more steps, Pete! You're almost home! When I got home, I struggled to sit myself down on the sofa.

My whole world is spinning now and I feel like I have to poop and puke at the same time so I ran to the bathroom.

When I opened my eyes, I see a woman with long hair wearing white. Shia!

"Ahhhhh!!!!" I couldn't help but scream. I thought I saw a ghost!

"Pete, you're going to give me a heart attack!" My grandma scolded me.

"Grandma, why are you standing there? I'm using the bathroom" I told her.

I almost forgot she had a habit of going inside even when I'm bathing. She claims she's seen my butt several times when I was a kid. She just walks around everywhere, anytime.

"Well, I'm worried." Oh what time is it now? Three a.m.?

"I'm sorry I went home very late, grandma" I apologized and hold the urge to puke.

"No, not about you. I heard you come in."

What is she worried about, then?

"The handsome boy did not come home"

What? Vegas?

"How do you know, grandma?"

"I always wake up to the sound of his gate opening when he goes out and comes home late. He always gets home around midnight but now he's not home yet"

I secretly laugh at my grandma. Is she still asleep? She can't hear properly when she's sleeping because she takes her hearing aid off. She can't hear properly without them.

"Grandma, we were together at Lin's bar earlier but he went home first. Don't worry he must be asleep now.And besides, you should get some rest. Khun Kinn will be visiting us this morning." I smile at her.

"Oh really? That's good but baby, Khun Lawh really didn't get home." She's still worried. She seems to be fond of Vegas. Grandma, if you only knew...

"Let's check it out in the morning, Grandma." I look at her reassuringly.

She went inside her room and I go about my business in the bathroom.

After I'm done, I went to my room to catch some shut eye.

"Pete! Pete, baby wake up." I check the time and it's only been thirty minutes. What's wrong with grandma?

"Grandma, what's wrong?" I asked her while I opened the door hurriedly. I squint and blink my eyes. My head and eyes hurt so much. I'm never gonna drink again!

"He really didn't come home! I'm worried." What is up with grandma this morning?

"Grandma, it's not like you can see whether or not he's inside" I calmly told her.

She shakes her head and flashes a set of keys in front of me. Does she mean these are the keys to Vegas' house?

"Grandma, are you telling me you broke into his house?" She glares at me

"Grandma, I told you not to get close to Vegas. You don't know how dangerous he is. What if he shot you thinking you were there to harm him while you're opening the door?" I angrily asked grandna. I don't want to be mean to her but she really has no sense of danger.