Chapter 26

THIRD PERSON's POV:

"Hi, you fucking bastard." The familiar man said to Vegas.

"What are you even doing here?" Vegas asks him.

"Lin said you might want to talk but seeing you now, you're in no condition to communicate.

"Hey, take me with you. I'm going to see Pete." Vegas says to him.

"No way. I'd rather not be seen with you." And with that, he left

Vegas suddenly stopped. He wanted to throw a fit and beat the man to a pulp but then it suddenly hit him. As he watched the guy leave he realized everyone always treated him that way except Pete.

Pete has never said he did not want to be seen with him. Even when Kinn was around, Pete never told him to go away. Sure, he wasn't flaunting Vegas to everyone they come across but Pete was always nice to him.

Vegas knew his past conquests were afraid of getting caught with him, either because they were Kinn's men first or because they were public figures with a reputation for being straight. He never really cared at all as well. He did not want to be caught by the public with them anyway. Their avoidance delighted him instead. He hated people who are needy and clingy. Those are clearly signs of weakness. Weaknesses that Pete does not have. Pete is strong, independent and as what scares him the most is that Pete may leave and how that would make him feel.

Vegas knew that so he tried to push Pete away. Had to make himself believe it was all lust. He had to convince himself not to like Pete, he had to convince himself that he didn't like Pete. Pete was nothing but a means to an end. He was a tool for utility until he couldn't stop himself anymore. At first he thought of fucking the life out of Pete and he tried to make Pete submit to him and break him but then, Pete was too resilient and when Vegas wanted to break someone, he did it with ease. This time, it felt more like he broke himself instead of Pete.

He used to imagine Pete naked and squirming beneath him at night until that became uncomfortable too.

For some reason, he reached the point when he tried to imagine Pete naked and all he could see in his head was Pete's drunken self kissing him on the forehead, Pete laughing, Pete hiding his annoyance, Pete's face when Vegas wished him a happy birthday, Pete holding his hand and looking lovingly into his eyes when they thought they were going to die, Pete, Pete, and Pete occupied his thoughts over and over.

Pete was the most loyal bodyguard to the Main Family that he's ever seen and and yet Pete helped him with everything. Pete saved his life on multiple occasions, Pete helped him get the answers to his nanny, helped him decode the letter his nanny gave him, let him hang around his grandmother without hurting him. Pete did all of that
without asking for anything in return.

"How could I?" He unconsciously blurts out. How could he doubt Pete? How could he hurt Pete and himself so much? If it was any other situation, he would have lunged at Pete, maybe use Pete's feelings to his advantage and to some extent, he did. It's just that he couldn't push through. Instead of making Pete think that he liked him, he made him feel the opposite.

"FUCK! FUCK DARN DAMN IT!" A series of curses rolled off his tongue because he couldn't find a key on any of the boats no matter how hard he tried to look. He had to go back to the building.

"Lin! LIN!" He called for Lin who was already sitting on a chair and sipping coffee while reading the documents she made Vegas fill in and sign last night.

"Lin, how can you let Pete leave?! And alone too!" Vegas accused

"What's the matter? Didn't you say you didn't care about him?" Lin says calmly.