for the team!

AN: just a short one, i'm still technically on my short hiatus until i've got my laptop fixed.

Kai's eyes drooped as he watched Jay and Nya twirling away on the stage, surrounded by bizarre, neon avatars all with the same goal: getting that Keytana prize.
Personally, Kai just wanted a nap before chasing off after another key that would lead to another dangerous experience and another massive problem. But this competition wouldn't be happening again for a while, and the ninja were desperate to free themselves from Prime Empire. Who knew what Zane and Pixal were getting into out in the real world?

Kai was tired of living in a video game. He barely played back at the monastery, so all of these physics (what the hell is double jumping?) and rules made no sense. Like when he found out there was a limit of three lives - if you're going to have more than one, just make it limitless already. He had already mindlessly lost two before he was made aware of that.
However, Cole and Jay were the experts, so he clung closely to their orders when he had to despite missing out on leadership. Next time, he hoped they'd get into a problem that was more his style so he could have some say in it.

"Lead with your hips!" Kai became aware of Cole shouting advice up to the couple on the stage. He blinked, trying to wake up, then suddenly two hands were grabbing his.
"And one and two! One and two!" Cole called, not actually looking at Kai as he swung his body back and forth in a ballroom movement. Gasping, Kai instinctively slapped at his forearms to break free. His eyes were bleary from exhaustion and he had no clue what was going on. As Cole picked him up as if it was nothing, Kai looked down and his eyes suddenly focused in at Cole's face. Joy seemed to shine from him, though he was as stressed about the win as all of them. Dancing was something he could do.
Kai watched, awestruck, at how his eyes gleamed in mischief and pride when he finally looked at the boy he was dancing with.
"Sorry, Kai," He laughed it off, putting him down without even a strain. It took the red ninja a moment to readjust, and when he did he just pouted, acting indifferent, but as soon as he felt Cole turn back to the action, he dared to glance at his friend once again. Something about him in that short moment had shifted something inside of Kai.

Maybe he should start asking Cole for dance lessons?