Chapter 26: "The Snowstorm" Part 1

Kyle above

Kyle POV

I pant hard, feeling my insides twisting because of the cramps, but I know it's just the beginning. Dalton and the rest went to the woods again, Mikkeli hasn't come back yet from the main territory, and I'm stuck in this big house alone because my heat has come, and I'm not ready for that.

Thanks, Goddess Carson is sleeping soundly, but I guess I won't be lucky enough to have him sleep for the entire time.

I made extra sure that the door to my room is locked and took the scent suppressants, but still, the odds are not in my favor. First, I'm in heat alone in the empty house, and I'm not sure what can happen if anybody enters; if any unmated wolf picks my scent, I'm as good as dead meat. True, the pills should mask my scent, but this is not normal heat. This is the mating heat. Shit, I wonder if Rob will be able to smell me despite all precautions I took? What if he comes here? But the worst is, since it's mating heat, I have no idea how long it will last and if my conviction not to mate with Rob will last with it.

I take a big breath, trying to ignore the probing pain in my abdomen, and gently caress the face of my son. The second problem is mindlink; I can't mindlink anybody. That's the greatest omega weakness. During the heat, we are practically defenseless, we can't shift, and our skills of communication are cut off. The biggest injustice of nature. Thanks, Goddess the only ones who live in this packhouse right now are mostly mated warriors from the main territory, and those who aren't will be able to control themselves. I hope. I just have to stay locked until they come back and then ask Gamma to take me back to the first territory, far from Rob, and it should be ok.

Skyler whimpers in my mind. He is bipolar, that's for sure; last time, he called out mate evil and wished to stay away from him, but now he keeps begging me to go to him. Stupid wolf.

Another strong cramp makes me whimper in pain, and Carson stirs in his sleep. Fuck, I should be quiet. Minute after minute, I feel more pain; I guess I'm burning out my scent suppressants; I should take more. I feel dizzy, and I wonder if I will be able to take care of my son if no one shows up for the next couple of hours.

Fuck, Kyle, stop wishing for this stupid bastard, your mate, to be here. You don't need him, and you don't want another panic attack.

Suddenly my heart skips a beat because I hear the key in the lock to my door; panic and fear rush through me as the door gets slowly opened. Somebody is standing at the entrance; I don't see its face since it's covered. The fear clutches me tightly as my blood pressure goes over the roof. I try to stand up, but a strong blow to my stomach makes me fall on my back; Carson cries. I know that smell, I just don't know from where, and it makes me sick.

I feel the blood in my mouth as that person pushes the gag into it. I try to move, to push him away, but it's futile. He grabs my hands and binds them behind my back.

"Poor, poor omega. Such a pity," I hear him say as I try to kick, which makes me only feel more pain because of another hit into my stomach, the pain of heat doesn't help. I'm vulnerable.

He throws me over his shoulder like a bag of potatoes and walks somewhere with me. I feel pain and dizziness, and I have almost no power over my muscles. We are outside. He walks fast, probably unnoticed by anybody. The cool air at least helps me a little to concentrate; I feel snowflakes on my body.

After some time, he just throws me to the ground; I cough, and I want to scream, but the gag in my mouth makes it impossible. He yanks my hands harshly and fastens them to something else, a tree, maybe?

I feel him ripping my shirt off of me, and I flinch hard when he pries my pants also off. I feel a strong urge to puke as he squeezes my privet parts hard.