41

"Jungkook, meet Sanchez." The unknown man was cradled in a suit but smelled of absolute garbage.

Sanchez peers up at him, his pores on display and a patch of dirt on his face. Jungkook refuses to spare him another glance and instead takes a seat next to him as dreadful as it was.

Dune sighs. Jungkook kisses his teeth. "I'm bout to get tight if you don't open your fucking mouth, old man. Who is this for real?" Jungkook curses at Dune. The elder finally sits with a roll to his eyes.

Sánchez takes it upon himself to butt into conversation. "Well shit, nice to meet you too!"

"Sanchez is here to help with our case on Hooper. He was set free 2 days ago by a girl named Hayley. Maybe that rings a bell? She's a high school girl so I assume she's a relative." Dune lazily spews as if the topic didn't matter.

Jungkook's face scrunched. He wasn't too happy at the moment. Between a smelly man and setting foot in Drab Lane at this hour, he was not keen on this situation. "So what's Sanchez's role on all of this."

Jungkook could feel boring eyes beside him.

"Apparently Sanchez has worked with Hooper before. So he'll be giving us all the details we need to keep you safe. That includes 24 hour watch. You'll have bodyguards until we can sort all of this out. If you want I'll set some for your family and friends too." Dune seriously admits. Sanchez was so unserious...he extends his arm to fist bump the boss man and receives nothing.

Jungkook scoffs. He just had to laugh. He didn't understand what the danger was here. Bodyguards? Hooper seemed so harmless, out of the loop. Jungkook managed to blow Adriel's brains right in front of him and watched as his face dropped. He couldn't comprehend why an outside force was needed.

"Whats your relation with Hooper?" Jungkook turns to Sanchez.

The man dressed to impress opens his mouth. "Mexican cartel!" He exclaims.

Jungkook raises a brow. "What?"

"Sánchez served 20 years for managing a cartel at the Mexican border. Hooper was his business partner for a bit before illegally entering the country and ratting him out." Dune says with finality.

Jungkook almost hung his mouth wide. What a small world. "So bro doesn't even have a green card? Can't we just take that to the police?"

Dune shakes his head with a powerful chuckle. "We can't. He'll get sent back. And plotting to kill someone is a whole lot different when you're behind bars."

"We want him in jail." Sanchez stated the obvious. Jungkook rolls his eyes.

"You know for sure Hooper wants me dead?"

Dune says no. "No, but Im expecting the absolute worse. So you two...exchange numbers. All the information you have on Hooper make sure you share it." He aims at Sanchez.

Jungkook cuts in. "I'm sorry I just don't see the problem here. If I was on a list I probably would've been dead by now. A man like Hooper doesn't plan. Those two days out would've been bloodshed."

After days of no talk, this isn't how he expected the reunion to play out. Now, as if the whole world had stopped, the two stare each other down. Dune rubs his head. Jungkook was just too head strong.

"Here we go again." He sighs.

Jungkook protests. "Listen, I just don't think all that extra shit is needed. Hooper doesn't strike me as the type of person to effectively finish a job. I mean he left you stranded in Mexico and his hideout is a rundown crack house with open doors and cracked windows. The man is not serious."

Dune blankly looks back at him. Jungkook wasn't an open book so he couldn't tell if this was a sign of distrust or simple nonchalant energy. Whatever it was, he would go through with his plan anyway. Dune cared too much about his younger that it didn't matter what he thought. If his life was on the line he'd like to at least cut that cord.

Jungkook was so ready to leave and Sanchez's smell only rushed that.

Dune was silent for awhile but eventually he speaks. "You will do as I say. I cant hire a dead man."

Jungkook didn't feel defeated. Just...flat. This was unnecessary but he couldn't complain about extra security. That's the only part of the plan he didn't have a slight problem with. And even those "problems" were mainly just circuits of not wanting to feel stressed anymore. It's been weeks of pure restlessness and he thought this Hooper situation would be the last of it. But the cycle repeats. Jungkook was tired.

"Aight. Get my friends and family straight while you're at it. Especially my girl and my father."

Dune nods before picking up a landline phone and making a quick call. The red room falls silent but Sanchez's odor could account for noise at this point. Jungkook gags as he focuses on the scent twirling in the air.

He didn't want to be rude but goddamn...

"So, your girl?" Sanchez presses in a teasing tone. Jungkook slowly looks to him with disgust written on him.

Sánchez wriggles his eyebrows. "Fuck my life." Jungkook finally whispers.