Chapter 2- The legend of the wedding dress

Kanemoto Yoshinori

As soon as I opened my eyes, I gasped for air. My chest was tight and my heartbeat was racing as if I had run a mile when I literally just opened my eyes and was lying on a comfortable bed.

My eyes quickly scanned the unfamiliar surroundings and noticed the handle of my own sword, still stuck in the middle of my chest.

I tried to get a hold of it but my hand kept passing through, as though the sword was only a trickery of light.

I sat up and raised my hands to where I could see them. I opened my hands and looked at my palms and slightly wished that I could hold my sword rather than just being stuck in my chest.

And then out of nowhere, the sword appeared on my hand, it grew like a branch of a tree ang glinted with silhouettes of green.

This blessing is the punishment I have given to you.

I remembered, but as I was trying to comprehend who I am and what I am right now, I noticed a child around 7 years old, whose eyes were wildly staring at me and the sword that I drew out of thin air.

His mouth was gaped open in shock as he was frozen in his seat. I quickly flicked away the sword and his eyes grew even bigger as he watched this disappear.

He looked me straight in the eyes, I couldn't even read if he was amazed, scared or if he even knew what was happening.

"What's your name, boy?" I asked him softly, hoping that it would remove his impression that I'm a vicious killing man.

As I looked into his huge rounded eyes, it was as if I zoomed in and went inside it, I saw glimpses of his future. He was set to grow as a handsome young man loved by all, I saw a lot of people waving at him and calling for his name,

"Haruto," his sweet tiny voice took me back to the reality that I was standing in front of him and not walking into his future. I rubbed my eyes and shook my head for a minute, the sensation of zooming back out of his future making me dizzy.

"Grandpa! He's awake!" the child named Haruto yelled, his grandfather came rushing to the room.

"Oh boy, are you feeling well now?" he said in his old man voice, he looked very skinny but I could see that he would still be able to live until his grandson could handle himself

"Yes, I'm feeling perfect, thank you. May I know how many days have I been a burden to you, sir?" I said humbly, the grandfather only waved his hands

"No, no, general. You will never be a burden to any of us here in this country. But we found you lying motionless on your hut's floor, we figured that you might be injured and sick after the battle so I decided to take you in," he explained.

During the battle? But the battle had finished about a year ago? Don't they know?

"Sir, what year is it?" I asked,

"Oh, poor you. Your head must've been hit hard during the second war. It's 1894, boy." he said,

There was a second war? And I have been dead for a year now? Oh no, this can't be good.

"Did we win?" I added, if he thinks that I have brain problems then I might as well live up to it.

"You guys sure did, I'm guessing you worked yourself too hard, General. Look at you, you aren't even okay now," he sighed worriedly,

"You were burning hot with fever when we found you," he added. I tried to listen to him but the things that I'm seeing about him and his past were distracting me.