Chapter 9- By her side

It was never a great idea for Hiwaga to come home late because the streets were always filled with shinigamis that were waiting for unexpected clients.

Hiwaga was already lucky enough to have Yoshi who made Mashiho promise that he'll never go hunting down for Hiwaga's soul again, but what put Hiwaga at risk was the fact that Mashiho wasn't the only shinigami in the vicinity.

On that morning, without anyone noticing, Hiwaga had already been noticed by a shinigami in the streets, so that night, that shinigami, along with his three other friends decided to come and redeem her lost soul which have been slipping through their fingers for the past 20 years.

A thin and petite girl like Hiwaga would stand no chance against 4 grown men, yet alone four shinigamis whose abilities are out of this world.

So as she stood there, the wall behind her being the only reason why she was able to stand up, she could only cry and break down internally as she tried to scream but no voice came out of her mouth.

She screamed in pain, blood dripping from her collarbone as the three other unknown men were watching her be potentially skinned alive.

On the other side of the coin, that night, Yoshi had already been feeling restless.

He couldn't sit still in his study so he tried lying down, but he also tossed and turned in his bed nonetheless.

He figured that he was tired and needed to rest so he closed his eyes but as he did so, visions of Hiwaga kept occurring in his mind.

At first he thought that it was weird, that the scenes of what happened this afternoon when he talked to her before he drove home kept replaying in his head.

But then it wasn't so weird anymore when he saw Hiwaga in his mind, walking down a dark alley, fear evident in her eyes as she clutched tightly to her bag.

He thought he was just overthinking things so he tried to shake it off by rubbing his eyes so hard that he saw stars.

Once again, he closed them and from there he watched Hiwaga being pinned to the wall, a man's face in close contact with her neck.

Worried, he bolted up from his bed, put on his coat and rushed down the stairs where he saw Mashiho and Haruto in the living room.

"Where are you going at this hour?" Haruto asked him when he saw that Yoshi had his coat on

"I think Hiwaga is in danger," he said, the other two paused to look at him. Mashiho and Yoshinori looked into each other's eyes as if having a whole conversation without a single word being uttered.

"I'm coming with you," Mashiho said, Yoshi just nodded yes

"Me too, I think I could use some exercise every once in a while," Haruto said as he threw punches in the air

"If you would be coming with us then your job is to get Hiwaga to safety," Yoshi declared, this made Haruto stop his shadowboxing

"Whaat? Whyy?" he complained

"Just in case you're forgetting, you are the God of love, if there's anything that's against your nature then it'll be fighting and hurting other people, so do what fits your virtue the most and that's ensuring my girl's safety," Yoshi scolded him, he just sighed and followed along with them

"Ready?" Yoshi said to the two of them, they both nodded yes and held onto Yoshi's shoulders. Yoshi then opened the door then the three of them walked right into the dark alley where Hiwaga was being chased earlier.

Yoshi saw Hiwaga being sliced open by the shinigamis so his first instinct was to punch him. Yoshi's punch landed on the shinigami's jaw which caused him to fall on the ground and drop the knife.