chapter 09

Taehyung woke up to see a hastle in the house . Everyone were running from one room to another holding traditional hanboks . He also recognised some faces who were present at the time of wedding among all yeonjun was giggling at the corner with one of jungkook 's cousin. Apparently he realised he is the last one to wake up despite the chaos.

His eyes lit as he saw jungkook entering the house. He immediately ran towards him .

" why everyone are here " taehyung dropped the question after the greetings.

" in case you have forgotten.. today is a village festival.. and during this period all of my relatives gather in this house to celebrate it together " jungkook said as happiness etched on his face .

" oh.. I don't have any hanbok " taehyung grimaced .

" mom must have arranged one for you.." jungkook said wanting to continue the talk then he remembered he got to do something more important.

As jungkook said taehyung was gifted a hanbok by her hara. She was kind enough to teach him how to wear and he enjoyed wearing this traditional outfit for the first time .

The lunch was lavish as many different korean dishes were cooked. Rice cakes were abundantly made . Taehyung and yeonjun savoured all the food . They know they will never get to eat this in city even if they agree to pay millions of won .

It was during dusk all the people left for Feild where at the corner harvested crops were laid . Each farmer showing their hard work proudly earning series of compliments . Taehyung found it quiet boring as he was not really interested in knowing how they are grown and how many varieties they cultivate. He had to congratulate all of them as hara kept dragging her telling each and every that he is 'young master's husband ' .

Taehyung thanked God when he was finally taken to fair where arts and artefacts were displayed for selling . He couldn't keep his eyes off certain pair of earrings which were carved out of Oakwood . He immediately regretted not getting any money along . The lady was kind enough to sell it to ' young master 's husband ' for free but he couldn't bring himself up to take it.

He tried almost all of the food with jisoo and yeonjun but suddenly a little girl emptied a glass of juice on taehyung making him curse loudly . The tiny lips wobbled , eyes filling up with tears . He had to force a smile and tell her its alright not wanting to hear the wails of a girl.

With jisoo and yeonjun he walked towards the house which was basked in darkness giving a gloomy and eerie feel . Taehyung hesitantly walked through the door with duo who were acting weird .

A gasp left his lips to see the hall and staircase decorated with scented candles . For a second he thought it's something relating to festival , when the duo disappeared with giggles he realised it's something meant only for him to see.

He knew where he has to go , taking long and excited strides he reached the place where he spents most of the time in a day.

With a heavy breath and red cheeks he opened the door to see it decorated more beautifully , blood rushed across his veins as butterflies started dancing in his stomach .

His eyes widened in fondness when he saw jungkook emerging from the washroom , clad in white shirt and a jet black blazer over it -- like he always liked men in .

A stoic and hard expression was on his face making taehyung doubt if this is the jungkook he knows.

Despite the room being illuminated by many candles, jungkook pulled out a lighter and ignited when he was mere feet away from taehyung, holder it closer to younger aiming in reading all of his expressions clearly .

Taehyung could feel the hotness of the fire on his cheek as he maintained a steady eye contact with older like they did other night in the presence of all the house.

" you might have not expected this ... " jungkook said, voice raspy and heavy . This was intimidating younger as older demanded an answer in the sexiest way .

" no.." Taehyung couldn't speak more.

Jungkook cleared his throat.

" I.. Never believed in love .. always thought its exaggerated in books .. thought the feeling is normal like how we feel when we are jubilant ... " jungkook took a breath as he ignited the fire again. His hands were shaking a little. He was standing stiff as if he is here to give an interview.

" but you changed everything.. my heart skipped a beat whenever you smiled.. I felt butterflies in my stomach whenever you initiated skinship... I felt happy and full around you.... ... "

" I heard from my brothers - they told me love is a beautiful feeling that has power to make impossible, A possible " ( said as he kneeled down with a tiny wooden box in his hand) " ghastly you entered in my life , uninvited. I saw castle of hopes crumbling down as if I built it with sand ... then you were a lousy dream... totally abysmal.... " jungkook said throwing now empty lighter away replacing it with an earrings that taehyung wanted in the fair before..

" now if you ask me you are the most amazing thing happened to me ... most beautiful ..." jungkook surreptitiously pulled taehyung 's hand in his leaving a dry peck on back of it .

" jeon taehyung... Will you accept this poor soul who promise to serve you till the last breath is knocked off my lungs .. I swear I will make you happiest person ... " jungkook said triumph. He didn't expect he would go this far without lisping and stuttering .

Taehyung didn't move an inch . He was looking at older with eyes full of tears that soon blocked his vision.

" I promise I'll never let you shed a single tear.. 'cause I love you with all of my heart " jungkook added trying to impress in all the ways .

Taehyung kneeled down sitting right infront of older .

" did yeonjun tell you to do all of these " taehyung asked . He remembers telling his friend that he wants to get proposed in a most dramatic way , amidst scented candles and his love coming forward clad in black suit with adoration for him in his eyes.

" he just helped in telling me how you prefer getting proposed " jungkook said with a smile .

" then he must have missed telling you that I want someone who thinks like me , speaks like me ... and is like me " taehyung said wiping off the smile from jungkook 's face .

" I can't tell all this marriage has ever got Me is misery and made me melancholic.. I got a caring family I always craved for , sisters to bound with and a good friend in yourself ... but ..... I don't think Iam ready to start a romantic relation with you .." Taehyung said looking into jungkook 's eyes . Jungkook pulled his hand back wiping his tears off and nodding his head in understanding.

" I'm confused... I cannot vision a future with you as my partner... at the same time Iam lucky to have you by my side .... Iam baffled.. and i don't wanna build a relationship with confusions as a foundation... it will collapse sooner or later... " taehyung said trying to articulate his contemplations .

" Iam not rejecting you... but i want some time to think on it ... I grew up in city with certain expectations this change is something I need to accept it with all of heart .... 'cause this costs my future " ...

_________________