002

Averi's pov

Silence fell over Derry as I sat on the roof outside my window. It was flat enough so I could lay down but I never felt like doing so.

Ever since last summer I've spent my time in my bedroom, and yelling at Richie to shut up.

I haven't really gone out, not to the arcade, or the movies, or to the creek. Richie says he doesn't need a babysitter which helps me a lot because I don't like babysitting his ass.

Today Richie really got on my nerves, the fact that I didn't want Patrick Hockstetter to know my name was obvious and everyone could see that except Richie.

I love him but sometimes he can really be a piece of shit. I was thinking about the way Patrick and I made eye contact, I felt something I've never really felt before.

Some sort of tingly feeling in my stomach. My thoughts were interrupted by Richie swinging my door open.

"Get dressed your coming to the Barrens with us." He yelled. I groaned as I crawled back into my room and threw on my dirty red converse.

We quickly got on our bikes and said goodbye to our mom and dad who were casually sitting on the porch.

We met up with Bill, Stan and Eddie while riding down the street. It was actually very nice that we all lived in the same neighborhood.

I didn't really like to convince myself that I was friends with them. I'm just here because their actually fun to be around.

We all finally arrived at the Barrens. We began to walk towards the entrance to one of the sewers.

"that's poison ivy, and that's poison ivy, and that's poison ivy." Stanley pointed at the group looking around.

"where? where's poison ivy?" Eddie cried, his brown haired head shook as he threw his head around.

"nowhere, not every fucking plant is poison ivy Stanley." Richie spat, looking back at them.

"okay I'm starting to get itchy now and I'm pretty sure this isn't good for my-" Richie cut eddie off with a question.

"do you use the same bathroom as your mother?" he asked. "sometimes yea." Eddie responded.

"then you probably have crabs." my brother finished.

there was a moment of silence, during that time i took the time to look around for any signs of stuff of Georgie's. I knew every little detail of what happened last year. I feel bad for Bill, that's one of reasons why I help the losers.

"aren't you guys coming in?" Richie asked Stanley and Eddie.

"nuh-uh, that's grey water." Eddie pointed out. Averi instantly looked down and grimaced.

She knew exactly what grey water was, and it didn't exactly burn a peaceful place in her brain.

"what the hell is grey water?" Richie asked, furrowing his eyebrows.

"its basically-" he paused but continued. "piss and shit, so I'm just telling you! you guys are splashing around in millions of gallons of Derry pee, so." Eddie finished.

Richie picked up a stick from the sewer and smelled it. Averi tried to knock it out of his hands, but he managed to keep it in his hands.

"what are you- are you serious- what are you-" Eddie franticly asked.

"doesn't smell like caca to me senor." Richie said in an attempted accent. Averi tried to hold back a laugh.

"well I can smell that from here."

"its probably your breath wafting back into your face." Richie retorted. Averi's eyes widened and she hit Richie's shoulder. he held his shoulder and gave him a pout.

"have you ever heard of staph infection?" Eddie shot back.

"oh, ill show you a staph infection!" Richie yelled, holding the stick below and waving it around.

"oh this is- this is just so unsanitary- you're literally- this is literally like swimming inside of a toilet bowl right now-" Eddie complained.

"guys!" Bill spoke up capturing everyone's attention, he held up a shoe, gulping.

"Shit, don't tell me that's" Stan Croaked.

"N-no g-g-georgie wore galoshes."

"Whos sneaker is it?" Eddie tried to stay as calmly as he could.

Richie walked over to us, "It Betty Ripsoms."

"Shit. Oh God oh fuck! I don't like this!" Eddie gasped out.

"how do you think betty feels?" Richie asked "running around these tunnels with only one freaking shoe." my brothers attempt to lighten up the mood didn't seem to amuse anybody as he hopped on one foot.

We all turned our heads to the water as we all heard a splash. I walked closer to see who it was.

"New kid?"

A/n: lmao help me, I'm trying to figure out how to get more Averi and Patrick content.