Chapter 9: The dream and the gift.

After what felt like forever, the two young lovers finally reunited, this was only the beginning of something terrific.. and terrifying.

Chrissy ran and climbed up the ladder, running to Eddie pulling him into a tight hug. She cried into his chest.

There was a whole bunch of "aww" in the crowd, Dustin started clapping for the two lovebirds. Others followed behind, clapping loudly.

"Chrissy.." Eddie whispered in her ear.

"Oh, Eddie, i've missed you!!" I exclaimed.

Their fingers interlocked, the both of them smiled. Both of them had felt complete or so they thought.. Eddie and Chrissy shot up, breathing heavily.

It was just a dream.

Chrissy frowned, she really thought she got to see Eddie again..she even got to see him play. Eddie shook his head, he was longing for her. He just wanted to feel her touch, that's all he could ask for. He felt a deep connection with, Chrissy yeah she has a snobby boyfriend who throws balls into laundry baskets. But, Chrissy loved Jason. She "Loved" him. Chrissy felt her heartache, she wore, Eddie's shirt to bed every night. It made her feel closer to him, real close.

Chrissy's POV

I got out of my bed, I crouched and grabbed my diary from under it, I smelt something familiar. My favorite smell, vanilla with a hit of cigarette. It brought comfort to her, the scent that Eddie had left and the shirt he gave her. She decided to write her diary entree under her bed. Due to it making her feel closer to the one she misses the most, Eddie.

It's been a week since Eddie and I have been apart, it hurts me thinking about it. Jason's been coming over too much lately, he claims he doesn't want me to be "bored" but truth be told, I am.. very bored. Especially with him around. Eddie makes me feel.. safe and happy. I thought that was Jason's job, to make me feel that way.. but he didn't and it was honestly sad.

I heard a knock at the front door, I got up and walked to my window, peaking out. It was a teenage boy, holding a package. "Did my mother get a package?" I whispered to myself. I open my bedroom door and walked down the stairs. I open the door. The boy look awful familiar. "Oh shit!" he said, "It's Pom Poms Chrissy Cunningham!" he continued. "Do I know you?" I chuckled at the words,"Pom Pom Chrissy" He cleared his throat. "I have a package for you, Lady uhhh..." He pondered for a moment. "Y'know what i'll stick to Lady Munson." He smiled. "Sur-- wait WHAT?" My face quickly became red. "Anyways, here this is for you." He handed her the box. "Thanks Dustin." I smile.  I heard a familiar voice, "Dustin, did you deliver the package, over." Dustin opened his backpack and pulled out a walkie talkie. "Yes, just now, over." He responded to the person. "Did she open it yet?" The person on the walkie replied. "No she hasn't, Eddie, over." My eyes lit up. "Eddie?"  I asked. "Oh. Wait." Dustin realized something. "I WASN'T SUPPOSED TO SAY THAT!" He ran off, screaming, "AAAAAA"

I stared at the box and smiled, Eddie brought me something. I understood why he couldn't give it to me in person, which is completely fine. It's the thought that counted. I quickly ran up the stairs to my room. I was desperate to see what was in the box.