CHAPTER 6 : THE APOLOGY AND JEALOUSY

"Since you now know the basics about vampires, I guess we're done with that." My teacher, Lucius spoke.

"Yes sir." I grinned up at him.

"Good girl." He smiled. "Could you remind me of them? The basics, I mean." He asked.

"Vampires have super hearing. They have a strong sense of smell. They are very fast. Each one has a different gift. They have claws and canines that are retractable. They have hearts but unlike humans, they beat 32 times per minute. So basically... they are the walking dead but alive. They also don't eat brains but need fresh human blood to regulate their systems because their blood is cold." I finished.

"Brava!" He clapped his hands. "Good. All that's left is for me to tell you about the gifts, then give you a book that you'll study for yourself... then we're done." He grinned, causing his eyes to sparkle.

"Yes sir." I grinned up at him.

"Now... about the gifts. We have powers similar to those of the superheroes that you watch on T.V. Who even came up with the idea of superheroes? Never mind." He shook his head. "Huxley has Telekinesis. Jack has Telepathy and Marla can Teleport. Everyone of us have a different gift, some... unheard of." He smiled at me and handed me a book with a brown leathered cover. With the word VAMPIRES written in cursive.

"You didn't tell me about your gift." I shifted on my seat because of excitement.

"I'm different little one. I have all my family member's gifts and one of my own too." He looked troubled and I stood up to stand by him.

"Tell me please." I pleaded.

"Only because you're my girlfriend." He pecked my lips and continued. "I was born different, that's why my family dislikes me. They think, I think -- I'm better than them in every way. Yes I'm advanced, but I'm not stupid. I think that, them having their own gifts is very unique. Having multiple gifts at the same time is hard, especially when no one wants to help you out because they think you're a freak of nature." He ran his hand through his beautiful hair.

"Let's sit." I literally dragged him to the library's sofa. "Continue." I sat on his lap and he hugged me to him.

"I'm a hybrid." He sighed and I rubbed his chest through his Tee. "My mother got raped by a wizard and I was the outcome. I'm a vampire -- wizard hybrid. I can perform spells just by thinking about them. I don't chant spells like most wizards do." He said and looked down at me, then I felt something on my head. Touching it, it felt soft against my finger tips. "It's a flower crown." He chuckled.

"Thank you." I blushed and hid my face on his chest.

"Are you being shy with me? This crown is ruining things, I think it should g-"

"No!" I cleared my throat. "I mean no. I wasn't being shy, I just wanted to scratch my nose?" He laughed at my question.

"Okay ma'am." He chuckled and then we sat in comfortable silence til his phone rang.

Phone!? There are phones here!?

"Yes there are. We're not in the historical ages here Melon." He chuckled and answered it.

Did he just do what I think he did?

"Yes, now read your book and stop thinking. You're distracting me." He smiled and shook his head, going back to his call.

.

Lucius had went to attend King business and had left me to read the book that he had given me. I was sitting on the sofa when someone walked in.

"Hi." I turned to look behind me.

"Oh Hi Jacky, how are you?" I asked, closing the book to give attention to him.

"I'm cool." He scratched the back of his head and let out a short breathy laugh. "I wanted to apologise for what happened a month ago. I know I should've come earlier, but you know Lucius and being posessive over you." He commented and I giggled.

"No he's not. He's just..." I thought about it and came up with an honest answer. "Lucius." I added and we both laughed.

"And another thing. I've noticed how he takes care of you, he cares for you very much. No matter what happens, please don't hurt him. The family already doesn't get along with him, he needs all the support he can get." He held my hands and smiled at me.

"I now see what Lucius sees in you. You're a very special girl Watermelon." The way he said my name made me cringe. "What's wrong?" He asked.

"No-nothing." I said with a forced smile.

"What the f*ck is going on here?! I f*cking warned you to stay away from her, didn't I?" He asked, speeding towards Jacky.

"He was just here to apologise Lucius. Please calm down." I stood in front of Jacky.

"You're even defending him? And he was even touching you and you let him!" Lucius shouted. Walking towards him, I signalled Jacky to go.

"Thank you." He mouthed when at the door. Closing the door behind him, I was now faced with an angry looking Lucius.

"He only came to apologise for what happened. Just calm down okay?" I spoke to him gently.

"No! He touched you and you let him. You're only mine to touch, no one elses. I bought you, I'm allowed to touch you!" He shouted and I moved away from him, not from being scared but out of anger.

"Wow... I thought we were way past that, but thank you for reminding me. I almost forgot that I was bought." I side stepped him and stomped out of the library.

"I bought you, I'm allowed to touch you." I mocked. "Since you bought me, I'll go back to the cellar so that they can give you your money back." I said, stomping off to God knows where. I had still not memorized this gigantic mansion.

As I kept walking, I bumped into someone but before I fell the person caught me and chuckled.

"I guess this is a new way of greeting?" I recognised the voice as Huxley's.

"I'm sorry." I giggled whilst wiggling out of his hold.

"It's okay Princess. What are doing at my wing?" He asked and I frowned.

"Your wing?" I asked and he chuckled, then booped my nose.

"You're cute. Each of us, the Ramirez siblings -- have wings that are assigned to us. No one is allowed in another's wing, unless if the wing owner gives permission." He explained and I nodded.

"Oh. I guess I'm lost then." I said, letting out a short chuckle.

"Come... let's take you to your designated wing." He winked at me and I shivered in disgust, luckily -- he didn't notice.

.. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. ..