CHAPTER 10 : THE DATE ~ PROPOSAL

When I saw the dress, I knew it would look gorgeous on her but when she walked towards me in it... I was mesmerized. She was beyond perfection.

The way it wrapped around her upper body, only to flow freely just below her waist made me go crazy. I thought the bowtie on her waist would be too much but it made her look cute and sophisticated at the same time.

Every step she took, the lower part of the dress would swing but not that much, making it look as if it were blood dripping down it. The crimson dress made skin glow more than it usual glows.

I noticed that, as make up -- she only applied mascara. And her lips, those soft, luscious lips were painted with a shade of crimson lipstick. Making her look beyond sexy as her golden eyes popped.

When she bit her lip, I wished I was the one nibbling on it. I can't wait to make her mine. I don't care if anyone goes against it, she'll be mine and no one should dare try and separate us.

It's not like they can... since we're bonded, I can sense her. Her whereabouts, how she feels... mostly, everything about her.

"Good evening little one... you look ravishing." I licked my lips and she blushed, looking down at her hands and bit her lip harder. I love it when she does that.

I couldn't resist it, so I pulled her to me and sucked on her lower lip.

"I can't wait anymore." I said and knelt not on one, but two knees.

"What are you doing?" Her eyes widened and she tried to lift me up but I wouldn't budge.

"No... let me kneel for you. I'm obsessed Melon. I'm obsessed with everything and anything you do. I'm obsessed to the point where I follow you around for no just reason. I know it's not been long since I've known you, but I can't help it little one. I love you more than I love me, my family... everything. I'd even give up the kingdom just to be your slave." I looked up at her tearing eyes. "I want... No -- I need you to be mine. I want to wake up next to you for the rest of my life's journey. If you'd die, I'd kill myself just to be with you." I sighed, taking out the tiny crimson box in my jacket. "Watermelon Miller. Would you please marr-" Before I could finish my sentence she knelt down and hugged me.

"Yes." She whispered in my ear, making my heart beat at a slower pace than normal.

"What's happening to me?" I asked and she giggled, not letting me go.

"You're happy." She continued to giggled, making me tighten our hug. We spend a whole five minutes, just enjoying our hug.

"Let's get you fed little one." I whispered in her ear, pulling of the hug to help her up.

"You got dirt on your knees." She pouted and frowned. Opening her purse, she took out a blue handkerchief and bent down to wipe my knees but I quickly snatched it from her. In just a second, we were seated at a table. "Where's my ring?" She asked, putting her hand out causing me to chuckle and slide the ring onto her tiny short finger.

"There you go... my lovely fiancè." I said and she gasped at the large ruby on the ring. It was shaped in the form of a heart.

"This is so beautiful Lu... I love it and more especially, I love you." She whispered, getting all shy.

"I'm sorry. I didn't quite hear you?" I teased.

"I love you." This time, she looked me straight in the eye.

"That's more like it. I love you more, my cute little wife." I winked at her and she blushed.

"I'm not little Lu." She complained.

"Lu? I like." I commented, ignoring her complaint. "Let's dig in."

.. .. .. .. .. .. .. ..

HMMM😊 I PERSONALLY LOVED WRITING THIS CHAPPY. 💗💖💝

~THE SUMMER BEFORE YOU...
I THOUGHT LOVE WAS SHAKESPEAREAN...
MORE OR LESS A PAINFUL EXPERIENCE, ONLY EVER REAL IF YOU'RE DELIRIOUS.

THE SUMMER BEFORE YOU...
I LET IT TAKE UP VERY LITTLE OXYGEN...
~JULIA MICHAELS _ LITTLE DID I
KNOW.💗