Always working

She gave me a kiss on the four head and went to get me some ice. I walked into the kitchen and watched as mom put ice cubes into a sandwich bag and passed it to me. I took the bag out of her hand and headed to my room to "work on homework". So right now I'm sitting in my room on my bed trying to gather up my thoughts and not cry, sadly I fail and quietly sob into my pillow. I try being as quit as possible, I hate when people see me crying. I cry quietly until all my tears are gone. I feel myself drifting off to sleep and let I let myself. Hopefully my dad will leave while I'm gone, I think before I'm surrounded by darkness.

Moms Pov

I walked over to Tala's door and opened it a crack. She was sleeping soundly on her bed. I could tell by the way she was laying, face completely stuffed in the pillow that she'd been crying.

"Tala, Tala, time to get up." I whispered walking into her bedroom.

"Umm ya mom?" Said Tala tiredly.

"It's time for supper." I said.

"Ok, I'll be there in a minute." Said Tala sitting up surprisingly quickly.

"Ok sweetie" I said as I kissed her forehead.

I walked out of her bed room and shut the door. I walked to the kitchen and grabbed plates out of the cabinet and put them on the table.

"Hey mom, what did u make for supper?" Tala asked, still some what groggy.

"It's your favorite, spaghetti." I said knowing Tala'd be happy about this

"Spaghetti!?" She said sounding so exited. "Wait you only make spaghetti if someone died or something bad happened." She said grabbing her plait but stopping dead in her tracks when she thought about this. It was true I don't have much time to make things like this, the only time is when I'm trying to soften Tala up before I tell her something bad. I'm actually kinda surprised it's still her favourite after all the bad things I've told her while she's eating it. She had already scooped up her dinner and was now sitting at the table, I sat down next to her after I had got mine. she gave me a questioning look before she took a bite and I thought I should probably tell her now.

"Well sweetie you see your father and I are getting a..." I stared to say but she cut me off.

"I know mom, you and him are getting a devours, but that's a good thing I mean now I can live with you and not have to worry about him flying off the handle bars." She said smiling as she took a bite of her spaghetti.

"Yes it is good but he is your father, you should not feel that way about him." I said trying to defend him, even though he didn't deserve her forgiveness after everything he put her though as a child.

"Why are you defending him? You hate him, don't you?" She asked puzzled.

"Because he is your father and I can't hate your father." I said starting to raise my voice.

"Ok mom I'm sorry, I don't want to fight with you I've heard enough fighting for one life time." Tala said defensively her eyes going from me, down to her dinner.

"I'm sorry about the fighting but it will some day stop." I said looking down also, she didn't deserve this as a life, my poor little girl.

"This is really good mo..." Tala started to say but was interrupted by her father walking into the kitchen. We sat there eating in silents as he scooped up his dinner, it was awkward when all you could here was forks scraping the bottom of the plates. To think that one day a long time ago, before Ben ever started to drink, we use to be a family was weird it's been so long sense then and I've forgotten what it's like to even eat as a family.

"What?!" He angrily asked. "I'm just scooping it up, I'm going to go into my room after so... continue."

"Al... Alright, how was school sweetie?" I asked Tala, so Ben wouldn't get any angrier.

"It was good." She said.

"Mrs. Bert called today, she said that you have a book report due tomorrow? So how is it coming?" I asked.

"You know, pretty good." She said looking down at her food.

"You have not started yet, have you?" I asked.

"No... But what's the point it's history!!" Said Tala.

"I know you don't like it but you need to pass it to graduate!" I said.

"Ok mom, after supper I'll start working on it and try to get it done by Wednesday." Said Tala sounding beat.

"Thank you." I said to her as I put my hand on hers. Her father had already left, thank goodness. We sat there in silents and finished supper.

"Thanks for supper mom." Said Tala as she got up and put her plate in the sink.

"Your welcome. Ohh and just ask if you need help with your homework." I said.

"Ok ma." Tala called from her bed room.

I got up and cleaned up the plates, and loaded them in the dish washer, was this really my life?

Talas Pov

Mom has been really stressed lately, that's the only reason why I said I'd start working on this stupid book report. I stayed up tell about 11 working on it and drifted off to sleep.

"BEAP BEAP, BEAP BEAP!!!!"

I was jarred awake but my alarm clock. I sat up and realized where I was sleeping. I came to the realization that I had been working on my homework and fell asleep at the desk in my room. I got up grabbed my black under shirt, throw my favorite blue sweater on over top and a pair of ripped blue jeans. I grabbed my homework and headed out to the kitchen.

"Good morning sweetie." Mom said cutting up some fruit.

"Hey mom." I said yawning.

"How's the book report coming?" She asked raising an eyebrow.

"It's coming." I said back as I grabbed the bag of bread and popped a piece in the toaster.

"Ok." She said staring off. I could tell she was thinking about something.

"What is it mom?" I asked sounding concerned. She walked over and whispered in my ear.

"I have found a place for us to live." I wasn't surprised she whispered this, dad would have a cow if he over heard her. But still I was surprised.

"Already?!" I said sounding surprised.

"Sweetie I'm a real-estate agent, I find houses all the time. Any ways I've been looking for a while." She said as a smirk crossed her face as she walked back to her fruit.

"Right I kinda forgot." I said lying how could I forget! She was always working!!! She worked from home in the office but she it was constantly about work! I sat down at the table and ate my breakfast extremely fast.

"Oh look at the time it's already 7:30 you better hurry before you miss your bus." Said mom.

"Ok bye mom." I say as I put my dishes in the sink and grab my coat off the hanger.

___________________________

Hey so comment, fan, and vote :D thanks bye

By: Shannon :)