Into The Light/Author's Notes

Dedf1sh emerged from her operation and found herself looking in the mirror. At a glance you could hardly tell she had ever been sanitized at all, save for a color change at the roots of her hair which remained green as a side effect of her time in such a state.

She was greeted by Marina outside the hospital, who rushed in for a hug, "You're finally out!" Marina was ecstatic, "I missed you!"

"I missed you too," Dedf1sh chuckled hugging her back. "It's been far too long."

"How you feeling?" Marina inquired, "With... everything?"

"Well it's been..." Dedf1sh admitted, "A lot to take in. All that's happened."

"You anxious about today?" Marina inquired, "I'm here for you."

"It's just a lot to ask of someone," Dedf1sh sighed, "But... I think it would be good for us if he's willing."

"Come on he would do anything for you," Marina assured with a chuckle as the two began to walk down the street. "I hear that he's been trying to gain weight."

"I mean have you seen him?" Dedf1sh laughed, "He's a toothpick. He needs to! Especially after what happened."

"Oh hey I'm heading towards the studio if you wanna speak to him before he goes on," Marina explained.

"Yeah but I'm nervous," Dedf1sh tensed up, "How's my hair? Should I be wearing perfume? Maybe I should-"

Marina assured her, "Easy easy. It's going to be fine. This stuff is why you're starting therapy."

"OK..." Dedf1sh took a deep breath to calm herself down, "OK..."

The two arrived at the Radio Tower, and continued to catch up with small talk until they arrived backstage. Dedf1sh tensed up. Marina reassured her with an affectionate nudge, "Go get em sis."

Dedf1sh smiled as Marina walked past her to go on air. She took a deep breath and approached him.

"Albert," she greeted him.

Albert opened his arms for a hug and exclaimed, "You're out! How you feeling?"

Dedf1sh smiled, "Oh I'm feeling great! How about you?"

Albert replied, "Mentally great, physically still kinda sore. I hope I'll be ready for that Rainmaker tournament next week but I may have to wait for the next one."

"About that," Dedf1sh responded, "You're still staying in an apartment right?"

Albert nodded.

Dedf1sh took a deep breath and steadied her resolve, pushing past the fear of rejection, "I have this place I bought before I went into the Metro. It's a nice place in the countryside. We should stay there. Together."

Albert blushed, flustered by the offer to move in with her, "What?"

Dedf1sh took his hands in hers, a twinkle in his eyes, "I think it would be good for you, for both of us. I mean, I don't wanna leave you behind again. You know? I made that mistake before. I won't again. Getting away from the stress would be good for you. My therapist says I need to do so, and I'm sure when you start therapy next week your therapist will say the same to you. You can still visit your family Terry and Cara and friends Agent 4 and Pearl easily via the train. So Playing Rainmaker when you wanna won't be an issue."

Albert thought for a moment, he did wanna be with Dedf1sh and did fear a relapse if he stayed in the city, under the pressure and stress of now being known as the leader of the Downpour Defenders, that kind of reputation drew a lot of eyes he wasn't ready to handle yet. Even if it was mostly positive attention. Besides, Dedf1sh was right in that it wouldn't hinder his ability to see his friends and family.