𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 20

𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗟𝗬𝗡

𝗝𝗨𝗟𝗬 𝟮𝟯, 𝟭𝟵𝟵𝟱

"𝐖𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐃𝐎 you think?" Evelyn asked as she stared at herself in the body-length mirror in her bedroom, gesturing to the dress she had on. She did a 360 degree spin, turning to face Parkinson with an unsure grin.

"It's..." Pansy's voice trailed off as she sat on the edge of Evelyn's bed, her dark eyebrows raised and round mouth slightly agape. "Short."

Evelyn nodded in agreement, pulling her bottom lip in between her teeth as she turned back around to examine at the dress in the mirror further. "Too short?"

Pansy shrugged, "In my opinion, nothing can be too short. But you might give Malfoy a heart attack wearing that."

Evelyn slightly scowled at her appearance in the mirror, analysing how the dark green slip dress barely went past her thighs and left just the perfect amount of cleavage to showcase her body; yet, still covered her up enough to leave room for imagination. It wasn't that bad, was it? Surely if Theo were there to witness the outfit she had on, he'd instantly make her change and tell her to throw the dress in the bin immediately. If she was being honest, she's worn worse before, particularly at the dormitory parties older Beauxbatons students would throw on Friday nights.

"Should I just stick with the black dress?" She asked indecisively, glaring at said black garb currently crumbled on the marble floor of her room beneath her feet. She had tried it on right before the green dress, and personally found it to be rather ugly. It was a very loose fitting, long-sleeved dress that her mother bought her for her grandfather's funeral a few years ago. Evelyn didn't even know why she packed it for this trip in the first place- probably because it was the dress her mother always told her to wear for formal dinner parties.

"No," Pansy emphatically continued, "You look hot. Wear the green one."

"You don't think I look too much like a whore?" Evelyn quipped, scrunching her nose up distastefully.

Pansy snorted, "You couldn't look like a whore even if you tried. Stop worrying, Nott Jr, You look fucking great. If things with Malfoy don't work out, you know where to find me."

A bout of laughter left her lips as Pansy flippantly winked at her, pretending as if she was checking her out by staring her up and down. Evelyn swore there was never a dull moment with her Slytherin friend, and she didn't think she could ever grow tired of Pansy's sarcastic wit and unabating jokes.

The two girls have definitely grown closer since Evelyn vented her frustrations to her about Malfoy. They practically spent their entire day earlier out at their spot by the rocks, enjoying the summer's sun and swimming in the water. Pansy would draw many shapes in the sand while Evelyn laid out, some illustrations a bit more inappropriate than others. A sly grin grew on Evelyn's face one instance when she peeked over at Pansy and saw her drawing out the letters P+E in the sand with her finger.

In a way, Pansy reminded her of her close friend Julian, both personalities encompassing never-ending bluntness and snide humour. That's one reason Evelyn asked Pansy for her opinion on a dress to wear tonight-she knew the brunette girl would be more than honest with her about it.

"Fine. Green one it is." Evelyn said with a curt nod, ignoring the urge to pull the dress down as it slid up her hips even more.

"Good choice."

Once Pansy left the room, Evelyn threw on strappy, thin silver heels that she knew would be extremely restrictive to walk in over an extended period of time; although, she kept that stupid quote her mother would always say in the back of her mind as she tightened the straps: beauty is pain. Evelyn scoffed to herself, it really is such an absurd saying. Beauty is subjective, and there's really no reason to inflict harm upon your body just to make yourself believe you look appealing to other people.