𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 21

𝗗𝗥𝗔𝗖𝗢

𝗝𝗨𝗟𝗬 𝟮𝟰, 𝟭𝟵𝟵𝟱

𝐃𝐑𝐀𝐂𝐎 𝐇𝐀𝐃 that same dream about Evelyn again.

Except this time, it wasn't the best dream of his life. It turned out to be his worst nightmare.

The dream had started out how it did last time, with the two of them running through the unnaturally sunny streets of Wiltshire, on their way to the meadow he always went to as a kid when Malfoy Manor grew too despondent for him to bear. Draco made the same jokes, Evelyn laughed her same beautiful laugh, and all was well in his illusive dreamworld.

Until it wasn't.

Once they got to the flowery meadow and she broke their interlaced hands to explore and roam the hills, it was as though the sun in the sky instantly warped into a stormy atmosphere, with clouds that were almost black blending into a green depiction of the dark mark up above them. And then, they both were suddenly surrounded by those that weren't supposed to know about them: Theo, his father, Astoria, hell even Astoria's family including her sister Daphne had encircled them in the field, shouting and hissing judgmental words and demanding that the two of them break up.

But that wasn't even the worst part.

The worst part was that Evelyn listened. She didn't even send Draco a glance his way as she walked over to Theo, ultimately choosing to go with her cousin's sentiments over her own feelings in regards to their relationship. She'd broken the only thing that had ever brought Draco happiness without a single doubt in her mind, without a single ounce of hesitation, and without a single glimpse Draco's way.

That was what made that dream a nightmare.

And that was why Draco woke up extremely and utterly paranoid. That bad dream terrified the actual fuck out of him.

He knew it was his own self conscious speaking to him, warning him that once they all found out about his relationship with Evelyn, she might leave him and his life would turn miserable again. Draco never realised how utterly terrified he was that this bond he had with her could get ruined, and considering their circumstances and how their relationship came to be in the first place- he knew losing Evelyn was a high possibility.

Keeping this a secret from as many people as they were creates so many risks. Theo could find out about them and force her to stop seeing him, and knowing how much Evelyn cherishes her cousin's opinion makes Draco very apprehensive about that. His father Lucius could somehow find out and forbid him from continuing to pursue her until the deal is finished with the Greengrasses, but if Draco was being completely honest, what scares him the absolute most is that Evelyn could find out the truth behind Astoria- how he's technically lied about being single this whole time.

Theo and his father were going to know about him and Evelyn eventually, Draco was just hopeful that by the time that ensues, they'd be together long enough to the point where anyone's objections wouldn't matter. And it wasn't like Draco's exhausted all resources to make sure nobody brings up his relationship in front of Evelyn. His plan of pretending that Astoria was the one to break things off with him through letter was ingenious- and so far has remained successful.

As for the actual truth behind the circumstances of his relationship with Astoria? Technically, she was still his girlfriend, but Draco knew that the second he sees that waste of space, the moment Astoria notices him on the Hogwarts Express and tries to run in his arms- he was going to make sure that she'll be long gone out of his life and their relationship will never see the light of day ever again. He doesn't even care anymore if the business deal with her father isn't finished by then. He was going spew the spiteful truth out of his mouth to her like ripping a bandage off a scar that was already long mended.