The Song of a Lifetime

First edit: 11/07/22
Recent edit: 19/12/22

Y/n's POV

(I listened to 'Friday I'm in Love' by The Cure and 'Last Night on Earth' by Green Day while writing this bit of the chapter)

"So, what are you doing again?" Dustin asked me for like the tenth time in the past 30 minutes.

"As I have explained, Dustin, I'm sharpening the machete," I tell him.

"But why? Shouldn't it already be sharpened?" He complains, I take a deep breath and turn to look at him.

"It is already sharpened, but most of the time it's not very well sharpened which is why you sharpen it more yourself to make sure it can easily cut things, is that clear or do I need to explain it again?" I ask him.

"Nope, I got it, I got it," He said raising his hands.

"How are the shields coming along?" I ask them.

"We're almost done," Eddie says as he hits the nails into his trash can lid, Dustin copying his action.

"How did you finish so quickly?" Dustin asks.

"I'm just good at everything I do, so that's why," I tell him.

"Haha, yeah right" Dustin laughs sarcastically, Eddie and I turn to look at him.

"You don't think me, your sister, is the best at everything?" I ask him shocked.

"You told her?!" Dustin shouts at Eddie.

"What, no," Eddie says, his voice exposing clearly the fact he's lying.

"I can't believe you told her Eddie!" He says pissed.

"She was very convincing" he points out.

"Convincing? You were the one who told me!" I tell Eddie not letting him put the blame on me, "Don't get mad Dustin, I'm glad he told me"

"I'm not, it's embarrassing," He says looking back at me.

"It's not embarrassing, if it makes you feel better I've always seen you as my little brother so that actually made me happy," I tell him smiling, "You should get revenge on Eddie though, maybe give him a little punch"

"Asshole" Dustin says punching Eddie on his arm.

"You should be thanking me you gremlin," Eddie says messing up Dustin's hair.

"No you should be thanking me, I got you idiots together," Dustin tells him, Eddie and I look at each other and then look back at Dustin unsure.

"I mean, did you though?" I ask him.

"Alright, not technically, but I was your number one supporter" He points out.

"That is true," Eddie tells him, "And, I'm done" He adds standing up with his shield.

"How's she feeling?" Dustin asks him.

"Light, but durable," He says moving it around, "Deadly, but reliable" He moves the shield looking back at both of us, Dustin laughing at him.

"Hear me now, there will be no more retreating from Eddie the banished," He says dramatically, with his narrator's voice.

"Hey, you're really ready for bat-tle" Dustin points out smiling and laughing at us, "You get it?" He asks.

Eddie and I look at each other taking in the joke, me smiling at how ridiculous it is while Eddie looks at Dustin as if he just said the most stupid thing ever.