Chapter 11

VEGAS POV

Hiding in my spot behind the wall, listening to Pete's conversations on the, but I can only hear his side.

"Yes, baby I know.... And I miss you too so so much... See you later okay.... Bye I love you"

After hearing those words, it's like someone is piercing my heart.

That day I need to lie to him, that I don't have any feelings for him anymore. So he will be at peace.

I thought his not coming back anymore, but Kinn informed me that he is at the mansion now.

At first, I don't want to tell Kinn that he was still alive, but I need to cause he has more connections than me. I asked him to help me find Pete.

But before that, he beat me until I can't walk and stayed in the hospital for a couple of days.

I told him about everything, even my feelings toward Pete. I told him at first that I'm only guilty for what I did to him. That I just want to ask him for forgiveness. But he didn't believe me, so I need to tell him the truth.

I made a promise to Kinn that I'm not going to disturb him anymore after that. And I'm doing it now.

I can hear his footsteps getting closer to my spot. And I need to get out of it before he sees me. But the thing is if I go to the other side, I'm going in the same direction as him. And If I go to the other side we are going to meet each other.

"Shit," I told myself and walk past him like I didn't see him. But my heart is beating like crazy.

I want to kill Kinn right now, why does he need to tell me to come over if he knows that Pete is here?

He knows that I'm avoiding him, but here he is teasing the hell out of me.

I run to my car as faster than I could imagine and calmed myself inside.

I almost forgot that I need to buy a present for Macau's Birthday. I need to go to the mall to personally buy it.

He said he doesn't care if it was expensive or cheap, as long as it came from me.

After buying the gifts, I went to the carpark cause I don't want to stay here in a crowded place.

I didn't know I'm going to meet Tey there and a kid. Tey looks like he saw a ghost right now after seeing me. But I didn't give any more attention to that.

Then my gaze went to the kid.

After looking at the kid, I can't stop staring at him, like I know him and saw him somewhere else.

"Didn't know you have a son" I teased him and my hand automatically went to the head of the kid.

"He is my nephew....." then his phone rang and didn't continue what he want to say.

"What the hell Time, I'm busy right now" he is arguing on the phone base on his tone of voice.

"No, don't do that, okay I'm coming just give me an hour I need to settle something first." Tey still negotiating but he looks so frustrated right now.

"Time please, aaaargghhhhh" then he turns off his phone.

I don't know either why I'm still standing there, and listening to their conversation, they are not my business though.

"What should I do, I can't call him right now," he said talking to himself.

Then he looked at me.

"Hey Vegas, can you do me favor?" he looks like a defeated cat right now.

"Me a favor?" pointing at myself trying to comprehend what he said.

"I'm entrusting you with this kid right now, but please don't do anything to him. Or else you will regret it later" he pleads and warned me at the same time.

"Why me?" I asked in disbelief.

"Because.." then his phone rang again for the second time.

"I need to go, Vegas, don't do anything stupid to him, I'm warning you,"

"Venice sorry, uncle need to go, this....." then he looked at me. "This uncle will take you to your Papa later. Don't worry he is nice like me"

What the hell just happened I told myself face-palming when we are inside my car. Still looking at the kid from the rearview mirror.

I know how to take care of a kid when Macau is still small like him, but that was a long time ago.

What do I do?

I wanted to ask Kinn but I know he will just laugh at me.

I've been calling Tey about what to do but his phone was turned off.

I took him to my home and asked someone to take care of him but he made a big scene. He said he wanted me to look after him because Tey said it. I don't know why I didn't get angry with that.

I let him play in my room because I want to rest. Because I'm tired thinking of today's event. But I need to remind him not to do anything except watching on my laptop.

While watching, I quickly got up when I realized something why didn't I think of that?

"Hey Venice you want me to call your mom," I ask him

I heard his name from Tey earlier.

"Mom? I don't have mom, I only have Papa" he said while his focus was still on my laptop.

"What do you mean, you don't have Mommy?"

"Yeah I only have Papa and Daddy like Minmin," he said smiling.

What the hell, and who is Minmin? Now I'm curious about what he just said Papa and Daddy, Is he adopted or what?

"Where are your Papa and Daddy right now?

"My papa is with his Friends, and my Daddy I don't know"

"Why you don't know?"

"My papa said I'm going to meet him, but I don't know when"

"Why is that?"

But he changed the subject because his eyes looks like he will fall asleep in a minute or two.

"I want to sleep uncle, can you cuddle me like papa and uncle Tey when I sleep?" he asked me then he hug me.

I want to say no, but after hugging me, I felt so comfortable. I don't even know why.

He is a nice kid, he always listened to what I just told him.

Now that I'm hugging him, I thought about having a family. Having Venice next to me in a couple of hours reminds me to build my own family.

Maybe it's nice to wake up and see them first thing in the morning.

And now I'm smiling while thinking of Pete then become sad again after realizing the truth.

That me and him, we're not for each other.