moon & stars

When Wonyoung went to the backyard, she saw Sunghoon joking and conversing with his grandfather. "He's very cute when he smiles." She muttered,

"Omg What the hell, Wonyoung? Be attentive, Wony. Stay focus" Wonyoung said as she slapped herself.

"Hoon, dinner's ready"

When Sunghoon heard her, he immediately went to the dining room. He was followed from behind by Wonyoung.

The dining room was filled by everyone. Jay was ready to take the vacant seat next to Wonyoung but then Sunghoon immediately sat there so Jay sat across her instead.

"Can you hand me the salt?" Jay asked Wonyoung "Oh okay," Wonyoung was about to give it but then Sunghoon took it and then gave it to Jay by himself.

Sunghoon's odd behavior caused Wonyoung to turn to gaze at him before continuing to eat.

"Do you want water?" Wonyoung offered Jay

"Yes, please." Jay answered

Before Wonyoung could hand the glass to Jay, Sunghoon gulped the water.

Wonyoung looked back at him, wondering if he was still upset about her disturbing his sleep.

"Wonyoung, why aren't you eating the pasta?" Yeseul questioned her "Oh, I don't like olive." She replied.

"But if you only eat sushi, you'll be hungry later." Grandpa Mujin said

"Oh, I'm oka-"

Before she could finish her sentence, Sunghoon took her plate and ate all the olive fruit on her pasta

"Eat." He said after finishing all the olives. "Thank you," Wonyoung replied but he neither responded nor even glanced at her.

Wonyoung volunteered to wash the dishes when they had done dining, and Jay went to help her. Wonyoung and Jay talked a lot and chuckled as they talked about their first meetings with Sunghoon.

As they were laughing, Sunghoon entered the kitchen but then left right away when he noticed the situation. "What's wrong with him?" Jay questioned.

"I think he's still angry with me for disrupting his sleep." Wonyoung responded. "Go talk to him, I'll clean the dishes." Jay said.

"Should I?" She questioned. "Yes, I've known him since we were kids, and he constantly gets upset, but if you talk to him properly, he'll be fine."

"He's a big baby." Wonyoung joked and they both laughed. "Go now." Jay commanded.

After searching the entire house for Sunghoon, Wonyoung went outside since she couldn't find him there. She then spotted Sunghoon seated on a bench and took a seat next to him.

"What are you doing here?" Sunghoon questioned. "I was looking for you. Are you still upset? I'm sorry I woke you up earlier." Wonyoung stated.

"Wony, I'm not upset. You can go now, carry on talk and joke with Jay" He spoke without turning to face her.

"Oh, so you're jealous?" Wonyoung questioned. "Wony, I'm not jealous!" Sunghoon denied.

"Is Hoonie jealous?" She teased and pinched his cheek. "Stop it! Yes, I'm jealous. Then what? Not only did you chat with him, but you also made jokes and laughed together! You rarely do that with me! And he called you 'Wony' ? You can only be called that by ME, ME!" Sunghoon spoke in a single breath.

Sunghoon's statement left Wonyoung speechless. "I know I shouldn't be jealous since we aren't actually dating, but I just can't help it. I'm sorry" He added

"No. I should be the one who apologies. I'm sorry, Hoonie. I'm deeply sorry" Wonyoung apologized. "It's alright. I forgive you and I really appreciate you coming over to speak with me."

"No problem. shall we go inside now?" Wonyoung questioned.

"Hmmm... I have an idea! Let's go" Sunghoon spoke as he grabbed Wonyoung's hand and began to run. "Where are we going?"

"Just follow me, I promise you'll love this spot." Wonyoung simply followed what Sunghoon suggested.

"We're here" Sunghoon said

"That was fast"

Wonyoung was amazed by the scenery as they arrived. It was a beach that was close to Sunghoon's grandparents' house. They both then sat near the water and let it wet their feet. "Whenever I felt alone, I used to come here." Sunghoon said

"Really?" Wonyoung questioned. "Yes, but today I'm not by myself..

..I have you" Sunghoon said

Just by that one short sentence, Wonyoung started to blush. She turned her head so that Sunghoon wouldn't see her face turn red.

"Wony, take a look up there. There are many stars" Sunghoon pointed at the sky

"Indeed. I've never seen so many stars."

"Now, look at the bright moon."

"It's very bright," Wonyoung said.

"The moon is beautiful isn't it?" Sunghoon spoke as he looked at Wonyoung gazing at the moon.

"It is. the stars are lovely too, right?" Wonyoung questioned before turning to face Sunghoon. She noticed that Sunghoon was focusing on her. She focused on his eyes. She was always illuminated by those eyes.

"...but among all the stars here, my favorites are the ones I see in your eyes," she said.