The Rooftop

I rode the elevator up to the rooftop, anxiously guessing what he was up to. My mind also jumped back to the last time I was alone in the tower and thought it might be a trick set up by Mark.

As the elevator doors pinged open I took a deep sigh of relief when I saw what was presented in front of me. The rooftop had a table and two chairs in the centre, and candles lit around the border. Flowers were scattered in bunches and a long, cream carpet draped across the floor, ending with Bucky standing there with his little smug face staring back at me. He wore a navy blue blazer and white shirt, both of which brought out his piercing blue eyes.

I was taken back by it all, nearly bursting into tears. He saw how overwhelmed I was getting and slowly strutted toward me. "Evening Doll". He whispered as he took my hands.

"Buck what is all this?"

"Well, it's the first time we've been alone where we haven't been training or sleeping, so I wanted to do something special for you". He smirked. "You've been through so much and I wanted to show you how we did romance back in my day".

"It's beautiful" I spoke softly, still looking around to take it all in.

"Come and sit with me. I've got your favourite waiting" he lead me toward the table, pulling my chair out so I could be seated and pushing it back in. Before he sat down he poured me a glass of water.

"I feel like I should be dressed better," I admitted. Since everyone was gone and we didn't have any training scheduled I had worn my baggy, comfy clothes to read in. "I'm not exactly in a fancy meal outfit"

"Well, it's a good job I didn't get us fancy food." He laughed, pulling out a box and opening it up, revealing a large pepperoni pizza.

"You didn't cook?" I teased, raising an eyebrow.

"Hell no, I want to impress you not poison you" he joked back.

"Well then I'd say you are much too overdressed Mr Barnes"

"Touche" he held up his glass and we clinked our drinks together. The whole night flowed so easily from there.

Near the end of the night, we looked out over the city with Bucky telling me about all the buildings that were still there from the 40s and what each one used to be.  He stood behind me, arms wrapped around my waist with my head resting back on his chest. The breeze hit the back of my neck and his metal arm grew cold from the air, causing me to shiver slightly.

"You ok?" He asked, leaning his head down next to mine.

"I'm fine, it's just a little cold," I admitted. I didn't want to ruin the moment or spoil him having a good time with being uncomfortable.

"We can go inside you know, it's okay" he reassured me

"Okay sure," I gratefully agreed. As I turned to head for the elevator door he smoothly placed his hand on my arm and spun me around.

"Y/n" he muttered with nervousness in his voice, "I have a confession to make". My heart jumped to my throat.

"Okay?" I readied myself.

"I wanted to ask you something," he spoke shakily, "I know there's stuff going on right now, but even in all this chaos, you've been my calm. I want you to be mine."

I was stunned. I couldn't believe what he was saying. He was the most wonderful person I had met and he wanted me? Even all damaged and fucked up?

He looked at me, also frozen in place, waiting for me to talk back, but all my words escaped me.

"Shit, no I didn't mean mine like owning you or anything" he panicked a little, "I mean I'd be yours too if you wanted, but that's completely your decision I mean ... ". I stood and watched him ramble for a while, thinking how cute he was being right now without even meaning to. Eventually, I grabbed his face with my hands, got on my tip toes and kissed him deeply.

I felt him release his breath and worries and he melted back into my lips and returned the kiss.

"Bucky, I was already yours" I whispered between breaths. "I mean you don't own me or anything..." I mimicked him, causing a little chuckle to escape from his heart. He bit his lip and shook his head at me. "What's that look?" I asked suspiciously.

"Hold tight" he ordered. He scooped me up quickly into his arms and carried me to the elevator, planting small kisses on my head as we went. I figured I had no choice here so nestled into his arms and got comfy for the ride.

We arrived back in his bedroom, I realised what was happening and let out a small squeak of excitement. He walked over and lay me on his bed, making his way on top of me and between my legs. He kissed me deeply and passionately, our breaths both picking up pace as our adrenaline rose.

"Well good night." He whimpered at me.

"Barnes, are you fucking serious right now?" I yelled in frustration. "Do your gentlemanly duty and come here please your lady god damn." He had that smug look on his face again. "You were joking weren't you?" He nodded in response. "Shit"

"But I do like that whole 'my lady' thing" he teased, coming back to my lips for more.

His hand trailed down my body, dipping into my curves and feeling every part of me. His other arm held him over me. When he reached my waist he paused, feeling the gap between my shirt and my exposed skin. He gently squeezed and continued moving downwards. He went past my thigh and reversed back up to feel my hips. I groaned between our kisses, gripping hard on his shoulders in anticipation. My hips moved against his to create some kind of friction.

"Bucky, please" I whined. He sat me up to slowly remove my shirt, staring in awe of my body.

"Don't worry baby I've got you". We continued to undress each other until we had bared all.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Both hands on the device guys! 👀
Just wanted to check a prefence here. Do y'all want smut or no? I'll keep writing regardless and can always add it in later if there's a real thirst for it ☺
Let me know!