Soldat

"Honey I told you to wait in the car" Tony sarcastically said, rolling his eyes at Bucky's heroic gesture.

"You've wanted me back since I escaped, so here I am. But you let her go" Bucky offered, ignoring Tony's remarks.

"Bucky no!" I shouted. I lifted my arms causing the temperature almost instantly dropped and a continuous gust of frost to blow through the room. Viktor looked at me, still smiling.

"There's my girl" he proudly boasted, "are you going to show us what you can do?". He was taunting me. And it was working.

"Y/n listen to me," Bucky spoke through the wind, "I know we didn't train for this, but you're in control".

I continued to be taken over by the icy blue layer until it completely took over my skin. Tony looked at Bruce. "Did she ever do that?"

Bruce shook his head no and shouted across to Wanda, "you need to try and get in her head and get her back." Wanda nodded and started attempting to handle the surge of my powers.

"Any time now Red" Tony anxiously encouraged as the snow began to form around the room.

Wanda gasped and snapped back, "I can't! She's too strong and her power is undisciplined at this level."

"We're going to have to take her down so we can handle the other guy" Tony shouted to the team.

"Take her down?!" Steve questioned, "Tony she's one of us".

"Viktor!" Bucky shouted, "I said. Take. Me."

Viktor was howling with laughter at the chaos around. That made me even madder. I began moving my hands and forming boulders of ice and hurling them around the room. I was in a full frenzy. My power had never reached this level before and I could feel it taking over me. I hadn't even thought about if I had hurt the team or not. My target was locked.

"I don't want you soldat!" Viktor frustratingly snapped at him, "you're used and damaged goods. Hydra has moved on, you should too. We want her, and we have her."

Bucky paused for a moment before smiling back at him, confusing Viktor. "You know what your biggest mistake was?" He asked, "Telling a guy that the thing he worries about the most isn't going to happen". Bucky took off his leather jacket and threw it to the side of the room. "It's like telling a kid the boogeyman doesn't exist. You make them fearless. And that's dangerous."

With that word, Bucky sprinted across the room at Viktor. "ledyanoy soldat" Viktor uttered.

The room stopped. The wind and ice that had been whirling around all went. Bucky took one more step and pulled back his fist to line up his punch.

A wall of thick, clear ice quickly shot up between Viktor and Bucky, causing him to hit it directly so hard that it nearly broke his metal arm.

"Shit" Nat mumbled to the team, "she's under". The team looked at me and saw me move along in front of Viktor.

"Of course, if she was disposed of then there would be room for you back home" Viktor taunted Bucky. "But you'll have to go through her to get to me".

"Y/n! Y/n, listen to me. You are stronger than this" Bucky shouted, trying to get through to me again.

I looked into his blue eyes and took a breath. Then laughed. "No, just stronger than you". I punched the wall myself and it shattered all over the room, causing cuts on the faces of a few of the team. Including Bucky.

He looked back to me, and again at Viktor. "You bastard I'll fucking kill you". He went running past me but I snatched him by the throat and lifted him.

"Aww, did you think you were going to be the big tough hero?" I said in a mocking tone, "rescue the damsel in distress and live happily ever after?"

"Y/n, this isn't you!" Nat shouted over

"Y-y/n" Bucky gasped for breath. "You've got to fight it." I laughed again at him and tightened my grip. Looking into his eyes as they began to roll back.

I was suddenly knocked to my side and hit the floor. Looking up I saw nothing but Cap's shield pointed at me. "Go!" He ordered the rest of the team, who charged at Viktor. He looked to me, but I would never have got to him in time.

He began to fight them before calling for guards. I looked back to Bucky as the mumble of the battle faded into white noise. He was my target. I got to my feet and wiped the blood from the corner of my mouth. Steve still stood between us.

"Move Flag Boy" I ordered.

"I can't let you do that y/n". Steve sounded both stern and remorseful.

"Then I guess I'll have to kill you first". I lifted my head and began swinging. He blocked everything, making no attempt to fight me back. Just defend.

I clenched my fists and froze his feet to the floor to stop his movement. He looked down and struggled against the ice but it rose his knee, limiting any manoeuvres he had. " Got any deja vu Cap?" I taunted. "Now if you'll excuse me I need to take out some trash before I can play." I looked to Bucky, who had just regained his composure from the choke.

I skated over and pinned him to the wall. "Pathetic." I spat, "no wonder Hydra needed an upgrade." A tear fell from his eye as he looked into my eyes.

"I forgive you," he whispered.

"I don't need your forgiveness soldat!" I hissed

"I'm so proud of how strong you are y/n," he continued regardless, "sure it's for the wrong side but..." He coughed. "... But I know you'll never be afraid again."

I paused for a moment. The words cut into me through my current state. I shook my head and placed my hand on his shoulder, transferring the blue hue over him. It began spreading over his shoulder and up his neck

"Bucky! No!" Steve shouted over

"It's ok Steve" Bucky reassured him, "the line had to end somewhere pal." He looked back at me. "And I'm happy it was you. I love you Doll." He gasped before falling to the ground.