The Facility

Shit shit shit. But how did he know? How could he have known?

"Great bit of tech here. I'm sure the guys at the lab will love picking it apart." He chuckled, "but alas, it can't stay." Mark rolled down his window and threw the scrunchie out onto the snow by the road, then closed it again.

I felt sick. Like knowing I'm in big trouble sick. Mark shook his head as he looked forward, avoiding looking at me. I watched his moves for any sign of threat. I saw his hand begin to clench up and I prepared myself for the impact.

"Tut tut tut, did you know?" He asked me, surprising me even more.

"Know about what?" I asked back, lips trembling.

"The device in your little accessory?".

"Device?" I played dumb as the last resort. I was getting his punishment anyway so I had to try.

"A tracker" he gritted, patience wearing thin.

"No no no I had no idea. I borrowed it from one of the girls last night" I lied, "it must have been one she uses for missions or something, they said they all have them in case they get split up." He studied me as I spoke, and I prayed he believed me.

"Okay," he muttered, and almost reset to his calm state. This made me even more nervous and scared than before. We both knew I was lying.

"Sir, we have nearly arrived" The driver announced, looking back through his mirror.

"Wonderful" Mark said cheerily. I looked ahead but again saw nothing but road and snow for miles. How could we be close to anything? Suddenly the sat nat began to beep furiously and our car came to a stop. Now I was even more confused. I looked to Mark for answers but he was preparing some paperwork.

It felt like an earthquake. The whole car shook. I gripped the inside handle for stability, but again, Mark sat still and unphased. I looked out of the window and saw the horizon slowly disappearing as we were lowered into the ground.

"Welcome to our new home baby" Mark slyly said. As the layers of metalwork came to an end I saw an entire underground facility. Tony was fucking right.

The platform thudded as we slowly hit the surface below, and the skyline closely slowly concealed the facility once more. You wouldn't have known it was there unless you had access to or prior knowledge. How many road-tripping families had passed over a super secret Nazi base and not known about it?

And worse yet, how was The Avengers going to find me without the tracker?

"First thing is first," Mark said, opening his car door, exiting and slamming it behind him. Leaving me with nothing but the echo left inside. I could hear my heart beating in my ears and a huge lump in the centre of my throat.

Mark strode over to my passenger side and opened the door. He grabbed me by my hair and dragged me across the room. None of the employees even looked up at us, simply unbothered by the commotion. "Mark, What? Ow, Mark!" I shouted. Still, no one turned away from their work. I was just white noise. As I always had been.

Mark threw me into a cold and empty room, barely big enough for me to fit in, let alone move my head or arms. The glass door sealed behind me with a suction-like sound.

"I know you were with him." Mark declared, confirming my worst fear. I let out my long-held breath, "I know you were with HIM, in the ways that only I can be with you". Mark walked to the front of the room to face me, I had no choice but to look in his eyes. "So now you are going to have your body all nice and reset for me. Nothing will be left. The smell in your hair of his pillow, the fingerprints on your arms. NONE OF IT."

I jumped at his words, feeling like my mind had already been reset to when we were together.

The chamber slowly filled with freezing cold water. My feet and legs were instantly numbed and would have buckled beneath me if not for this device I was trapped inside of. The water continued to rise past my hips, waist, breasts, and shoulders, all the way up to my chin. Then it stopped.

My nose dripped and my eyes watered from the sensation. My lips and teeth almost vibrated from shivering so quickly.

"Now while you 'sit' here and think about what you did..." Mark tapped on the glass with his words, chuckling at my instinct to blink each time, "...I am going to prepare our room. Oh and, it might take a while so, get comfortable." He turned and left down through metal sliding double doors, closing immediately behind him.

I looked around as much as I could using only my eyes, still seeing employees continuing to work. "Psst" I hissed at each one going by, "Hey. You. Psst". Not one would look my way. So there I stayed.

Bucky. Help me.