7

//Please ignore my terrible editing on the photo 😂.//

It was as if all the lights around the waiting room had brightened. Life had been suddenly blow back into the space. Smiles returns and tense breaths were exhaled.

"You're awake!"

"Hey guys..." Reign croaked as the curtain was  pulled back from where it had been obscuring her view of her friends.

She watched with a weak smiled as their faces lit up.

"Hey Rei

"Hey Rei.....how you feeling?" Sylvie was the first to take slow, tentative steps into her friend's room. Every footfall; small and reserved as if with a single quake of the linoleum flooring the woman in the bed would shatter.

"Like I got hit by one of the trucks." She croaked back a joke that made her own face crack into a broken yet beautiful smile. Their light hearted friend was back.

"You scared the crap out of us kid." Hermann spoke up from where he stood beside the cheif, Donna and Cindy who hugged his middle and nodded at the girl she saw like her own daughter. "It's my job old man." Reign teased back before her eyes fell on the other half of her family- Fiona, Ian and Lip. The three of them were stood huddled at the edge of her room staring at her almost in awe.

"Hey.." she gently spoke to her three younger siblings- ever thr consoling big sister. But her attempt to sugar coat was cut off when Philip Ronan Gallagher of all people made a dive for her bed. "Thank fuck." He yelled in an elated sigh of relief. "Thank fuck you're okay...I thought you'd fuckin' died." He mumbled into her neck as he gently-yet firmly- squeezed his favourite (though he'd never admit it) sister.

"I love you too asshole. Now get off you're hurting the broken ribs." She chuckled as she feebly hugged him back her broken arm left between their bodies as her good arm lay across his back in a loose yet meaningful embrace.

"We're glad you didn't die." Ian piped in next making her chuckle harder then groan. "Oh! Ow! That....oh...oh it hurts to laugh." She chuckled again through a wince. "You really know how to make a scene there Gallagher- you had all of us worried." Otis patted her ankle from where he and the others had now encircled the end of her bed.

"Why thank you Brian....believe it or not I do try." She faked a small bow of her head, as if accepting a bed bound award. "Next time I say duck you duck- you get me Gallagher." Kelly pointed an accusatory finger at her and she smiled at him. "Don't worry Kelly. I'll stick real close."

"You fucking better." Fiona finally spoke to her sister after so long. The two brunette's eyes meeting across the small group. "Don't worry Fi- I'm fine. You guys should all go home....rest. I know you've all been here all day." She raised a brow at the people she knew all too well- "aren't you all still on shift."

"93's covering our quadron. No one was leaving until you woke up." Matt affirmed and she sighed. "Well I woke up- so you can all get back to saving lives."