Epilogue

It had been almost three months since the night Sheridan and Logan had found her missing brother and absent mother hiding in their own house. Payton had agreed to give up gambling and was now working for Logan. His skills had already proven valuable in more than one case.

Elise Ramsey would hopefully have a few more months with them. She had moved in with her and Payton, often asking for nothing more than a shared dinner or watching a television show.

When Logan kissed the tattooed scar bare to him, Sheridan smiled. She had forgiven them both. The past couldn't be erased or forgotten, but she could forgive them. She had also let go of any guilt she had held onto. It was time and she was ready.

Sheridan rolled over onto her side so that she could face Logan. She hadn't officially moved in, but she was spending more and more time at his home.

"I love you, Logan Remington."

He smiled down at her as he brushed the hair out of her face. "I love you, too."

"I suppose I should thank my mother and brother. If not for them, I wouldn't have come knocking on your door."

He chuckled, "I guess I should thank them too."

Sheridan kissed him lightly on his lips, then pressed a kiss to his heart. "You rescued me."

"I wasn't going to let them hurt you. You'll always be safe with me."

Sheridan smiled and shook her head. "I know that, but I mean you rescued me. You saved my heart and my soul. You freed me from the prison I had allowed my past to keep me in. I can never repay you."

Logan flipped her onto her back, "I can think of a few ways. What time is your appointment with that designing firm?"

"Eleven."

"Plenty of time," he murmured against her lips.

All the time, she thought.