Chapter 6: Ambush

*Still, not my artwork, but can we take a minute to appreciate how cute N looks with ears!!*

(Y/N): Your Name, (H/C): Hair Color, (F/C): Favorite Color, (E/C): Eye color, (P/S): Preferred shading.

11-22-21 () Page stats: 5.8 pages, 2,050 Words, 10,800+ Characters&spaces typed.

You turned in your sleep. You were starting to wake up, but to be honest, you really didn't want to. It had been a while since you actually sleep this well.

You fluttered your eyes to the sight of N's face barely a few inches from yours. You gasped but held your breath, afraid to wake him. It took a few seconds for you to recall how you ended up in bed with him, but you remember urging him to stay. His soft snoring filled the quiet room, it was so light that you could barely hear it. Your heart was beating fast and slow at once.

Milotic laid on her back, exposing her cream-colored belly in the air. Your odd water-type always slept in unusual positions. While you didn't want to get out of bed, you knew you'd have to. You gently uncovered yourself and quietly slipped out of bed. Milotic however, woke up to the sense of your awake presence. Your body shivered from being exposed to a new temperature. The atmosphere was just getting colder and colder every passing day. You tiredly walked to your kitchen to relight the wood under your stove. You had to admit, you loved the winter and snow, but the sudden changes of the seasons just made you tired, don't even get yourself started on the pollen from spring.

The warmth from the now inflamed wood glowed on your face, lighting your home a bit brighter, besides the windows of course. Milotic then whined at the door. You shushed her quietly, but you could hear a quiet groan from your room. You hoped you didn't wake up N but you went to check anyways. To your luck, he was still sleeping soundly. You walked to the door to let Milotic out.

The warm sunlight didn't welcome you to the outside but instead, the chill of gentle wind from a white sky. There were now lightly scattered leaves of all colors across your eyes. The sight was beautiful, the trees were now multiple colors, mostly off-shades of green of leaves going through autumn foliage. The sky was coated in white from the excessive amount of overcast. Regardless of the effects of changing weather, you always enjoy the beauty.

You grabbed the bag that your new clothes were in and brought it outside. You figured you would change in the garden instead of your home.

Your triad sweater gently clung to you. It was warm and baggy just to your liking. You put on your soft gray beanie which complemented your (H/C) hair.

You were now locking the entrance to your garden before it suddenly came to you. You meant to visit Driftveil to send off a letter to your father. The reason he wasn't in Unova was that he moved to the Galar region for work purposes. When you were young, your father was popular for providing homes and even training some of the best pokemon of your city and even Unova, giving him the promotion in Galar. Though he loved you, he refused for you to be involved in pokemon violence, like battling at a young age. No doubt he would want you to be a pokemon trainer like he was, but he felt you were too young to be exposed.

You cursed, stomping your foot in annoyance. You decided, regardless, you were going to have to go back to Driftveil city. question was, should N accompany you?

You fiddle around with some outdoor chores, like picking berries, in order for you to try and overthink a solution to your new problem. You wanted N to come with you since you enjoyed his presence but you didn't want to run into troublesome people. You started to realize that N was a pretty popular person. He had fans for his speeches, a psychopath as an admirer, a whole organization of a group who wanted to claim him king, and one heck of a father.