Chapter 7

The next morning, Poseidon gets up early as he always does. Rose is sleeping next to him, which makes him smile. He tenderly kisses her on the forehead before getting dressed and heading up to the eating area to prepare breakfast.

    He has  pulled together a special spread. Powdered eggs, fruit from the garden they were growing. And some more of the meat that they ate from last night. Poseidon, hearing voices coming from the door, turns to see who it is. Ajax and Josh walk in, from morning patrol.

    "Morning you guys, how's it looking out there," asks Poseidon. Ajax and Josh look at him for a second, then look at each other. "It's all good Boss, no funny business this morning," says Josh as he smiles and sits down.

    "There was definitely some funny business last night," says Ajax. Poseidon looks at him, Ajax's face clearly not happy. Poseidon has no idea why Ajax is looking at him like that. Then  he suddenly realizes what he's referring to, and turns red. He clears his throat and walks back to the stove.

    "I hope you do know we could hear all of that shit, I mean damn it Poseidon," says Ajax. Josh burst out laughing.

    "Oh shut up," barks Poseidon as he finishes the eggs. He refuses to turn and see their looks of judgement.

    "Not even a day back, and you two are at it again, you know I had 8 months of peace until yesterday," says Ajax.

    "I get it man, there's no judgement here," says Josh, clearly not meaning anything he's saying. "Fuck you," says Poseidon.

    "You definitely fucked something last night," says Kevin. Poseidon lets out an irritated sigh as Kevin and Angel walked in. "I mean, we did our thing last night too but, you know," says Kevin. Angel hits him in the arm, "Really, they didn't need to know that!!," she says.

    "Well at least you two were fucking QUIET," says Ajax.

    "Okay I get it, would you shut the fuck up about it!!," says Poseidon. Ben and Scott now enter the room. Scott still looking sleepy. "Morning everyone," says Ben. He looks at Poseidon, who sees that Ben also heard everything.

    "Don't you say shit about it," orders Poseidon. Ben puts his hands in the air and sits down. "Look I wasn't gonna say anything, what you and Rose do is your business," he says. Just then, Rose walks in. She stretches and smiles at everyone.

    "Looks like I overslept," she says. Josh can't help but burst out laughing again. Ajax shakes his head, "Unbelievable," he says. Rose looks at everyone confused. "What's so funny?," asks Rose. She looks up at Poseidon who is staring at her, his face beet red.

    Rose looks at the group again, then it clicks. "Oh no," she thinks to herself.

    "Oh no indeed, get some fucking self control will you, or at least wait a few days before you let Poseidon fuck your lights out!!," says Ajax. Poseidon throws some eggs at him, "Shut up and help me plate this shit," he says. Rose, who is now redder than a stop sign, sits at the table quietly.

    Angel puts a hand on Rose's. "It's okay, you know I get it," she says. Rose buries her face in her hands, this couldn't be anymore embarrassing. She was so caught up in the moment, she didn't realize or even cared that she was being loud.

    Ben looks around the table, "Hey, where's Eli?," he asks. The sound of his name makes Rose almost throw up. If everyone else heard her and Poseidon last night, then he definitely heard it. She doesn't understand why the thought of knowing that Eli was listening to her have sex bothered her.

    That same, unusual feeling of guilt came rushing back again. She looks up just as Eli walked in. Poseidon speaks quickly, "Eli, there you are, we didn't see you." Eli looks at Poseidon, then at the group, then at Rose. Rose can't help but meet his gaze, as if something was forcing her to look at him.