Chapter 1

BRITNEY'S POV

"Are you ready?" I ask Niall, grasping the pregnancy test in my fingers.

He sits on the bathroom floor against the wall, shutting his eyes. He nods his head slowly in fear.

Ever since I brought up the fact that I might be pregnant, Niall has been extremely nervous. No matter how much he denies it, I don't think he is ready to be a father. He gets poor grades, hangs out with the wrong group of friends, parties, drinks, and does everything opposite of responsible.

I lift up the small device, and a chill is sent down my spine.

"Positive." I whisper.

He stands up and slams his fist against the wall, muttering curse words.

I cower away from him to avoid getting hurt.

"Please calm down..." I ask.

He takes a deep breath and looks me in the eye.

"Britney... we're 16. We haven't even finished high school." Niall reminds me.

A tear rolls down my cheek.

I walk out of the bathroom and into my bedroom, slamming the door behind me. A million thoughts are running through my head. What if Niall leaves me for his "bad boy" lifestyle? What if my parents don't support me? What if everyone turns on me, and I'm left with nothing? Maybe he's right. We've only been dating for about five months, we're in high school, and already we're expecting a baby.

The door slowly opens, exposing Niall's worried face.

He sits at the edge of my bed.

"Brit, I never said we couldn't do it."

He tilts my chin up with his thumb, our eyes meeting closely.

"You can't leave me then." I whisper.

"If you're committed, I'm committed. As long as we have a plan, and as long as we have a support system, everything will be okay. Do you understand me?" Niall asks me, keeping his gaze on me.

I want to trust him, I really do.

I slightly nod, forcing a small smile onto my lips.

He kisses me gently, then rests his forehead on mine.

"How are we gonna tell our parents?" He giggles.

"Oh god..." I pull away, rubbing circles onto the temples of my head. "We'll just have to sit them down and explain the best we can without getting killed."

"Or we can throw the pregnancy test at them and run?" He suggests, trying not to laugh.

"Yeah, if you want us to get kicked out of our houses!" I shake my head and punch him on the arm.

We exit my room and walk into the living room, right as my parents arrive home from their night out. Niall walks past them outside, his phone in his hand.

"Hey! How was it?" I ask them, smiling on the outside but dying on the inside.

"It was great! We ran into your Aunt Ida and cousin Aubrey." My dad replies.

"Hmm... not sure I've met them."

"I don't think so either. They're not entirely close in the family. They live down in Dublin, so it was quite a surprise seeing them in Mullingar!" My mum tells me.

We all gather 'round in the living room in silence. My heart starts beating fast as I try to come up with an explanation for the pregnancy. I'm praying that Niall has a plan.

He walks through the door. "They're on their way."