Chapter 7

Britney's P.O.V

I walk up the stairs and into our bedroom. The whole car ride, not a word was said. I'm now starting to believe that I might have overreacted, but at the same time I'm still upset. It's not that I'm overly attatched to Niall and I need him here every second of the day. It's just, being 16 and pregnant with a rebellious boyfriend, you never know what to expect. I'd like to know where he is and what he's doing. I'm afraid of losing him. I shut off the lights and slip under the warm covers, shoving my face into my pillow. Seconds later, Niall quietly opens the door and steps in. The sound of his soft footsteps grow louder and louder until finally, I feel his body surround mine on the bed.

"I'm truly sorry, love." He whipsers, kissing me gently on the head.

I roll over and turn on the lamp, causing him to roll off of me onto the other side of the bed. I look him in the eyes.

"I just want you to be safe." I mutter.

"Brit, you don't need to worry about me. I know it's hard, but you have to trust me. I would never do anything I know would hurt you."

"It's not about me, it's about you."

"No, it's about you. I'm your boyfriend. My top priority is making sure nothing happens to you. And I promise nothing will. Don't worry about me."

I shut my eyes and take hold of his warm hand.

"Alright." I mutter.

He shuffles closer to me, wrapping his arms around me.

"I love you."

"I love you too."

***

Niall's P.O.V

A little over two months have passed, and it's finally time to determine the gender of our baby. Britney and I sit impatiently in the doctors office, hand in hand. Her whole body shakes as the doctor gets the ultrasound equipment set up. I laugh at her mixed expression of nervousness, anxiety, and extreme happiness.

The doctor gives us a ready signal and Brit lies back on the bed. I stare anxiously at the screen.

"It'll be a boy, just watch." I announce boldly.

"Heck no! It's going to be a girl." Britney snaps.

"Boy."

"Girl."

"Boy."

"Girl."

The doctor laughs.

"Sorry dad, but I think mom wins this one." He says. "You have a girl!"

Her jaw drops and her hand loosens the grip on mine.

"HA! I told you!" She yells, her eyes tearing up a little.

I stare at my beautiful baby in awe.

"That's okay. I'll love her just as much." I whisper, kissing Brit's hand.

I can't help but shed a tear. This is actually happening. I'm going to be a dad. Right there in front of me is my very own child... I made that.

"So today you're at about 20 weeks, correct?" The doctor asks.

Britney nods.

"Baby's healthy, you're healthy, everything's functioning, it's all coming together perfectly! Time to pick out a name, don't ya say!" He laughs.

Brit looks at me, smiling. "When we get home?"

I roll my eyes and smile.

"Fine."

The doc cleans her up and I help her get off of the bed. We walk into the waiting room where my parents and hers are seated. Her dad glares at me, so I return a weak smile.

"Dad, please..." Britney whispers.

He drops his arms with a sigh, and forces a smile onto his face. He gives me a quick nod of approval. This is probably the first time he has ever bothered to react with me. I grasp Britney's hand tightly in mine and she squeezes it softly. Everyone in the waiting room is waiting impatiently for the results. I look at her and she smiles.

"Girl." We announce in unison.

Everyone cheers and gets up to hug each other. In this moment, I could not be more eager to become a dad.

***

Britney's P.O.V

Everyone has cleared out of the waiting room, and me and Niall sit in the dark on two chairs. The rain is pouring hard outside. A nurse comes out quietly from the back.

"Hi there, kids." She smiles softly. "I'm gonna start closing up now."

I smile back politely and Niall helps me up off of my chair. We walk over to the door and stare out into the thick, pouring rain, and at our car parked at the far end of the parking lot. He begins taking off his sweatshirt.

"What are you doing?" I ask, grabbing hold of his arm.

"I want my love to be comfortable." He smiles.

I put on his big, warm, soft sweatshirt, inhaling that special smell of his. He pulls the hood over my head gently. Without question, he picks me up bridal style and kicks open the door, dashing into the pouring rain. I bury my face into his chest, laughing hysterically, at the same time praying that he won't drop me.

Suddenly, we come to a complete stop at the car, and I'm let out of his arms quickly. A little too quickly, in fact. I laugh so hard, that I fall back onto my hands on the cold, wet pavement.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry baby!" He yells, picking me up off the ground.

"It's okay, Niall! I'm fine!" I laugh.

"Oh my god..." He whispers, kissing my belly.

"It's alright, calm down." I tell him, running my hand over his wet hair.

He stands up and surrounds me in a hug, towering over me. I'm in love with how protective he is right now. We stand out in the rain chest to chest, not a care in the world. Our lips meet and the sparks go crazy.