Chapter 13

BRITNEY'S POV

I wake up suddenly to an announcement, and the floor under me grumbling and shaking.

"Attention all passengers, this is your captain speaking. We have now landed at our destination. Please fasten your seatbelts; we will land shortly."

I nudge Niall who is still asleep.

"W-what..." he moans with a low, raspy morning voice.

"We're landing." I whisper.

I reach over and buckle his seatbelt for him. Hailey on the other side of me is already awake and cranky, clinging onto my arm.

"I'm hungry!" she whines continuously.

"Baby, I know. We're gonna stop somewhere soon."

I lean my head back and wait until we finally hit the ground. It feels good to be on land again.

"Open the window princess!" Niall encourages Hailey.

She impatiently opens the window, exposing the new world around us.

We're actually in New York City.

The bright lights stand out perfectly against the sun-setting sky. It's beautiful. Excitement spreads within me as everyone stands up, unloading their carry-ons and walking down the aisle. Niall carries Hailey in one arm and holds my hand with the other. The captain makes a final announcement and we're off.

As soon as we emerge into the airport, the nerves come back. Everything is so fast-paced here, inside and outside.

Everyone is speed walking, chattering on their phones non stop, traffic fills the roads, it's crazy. We get our luggage at baggage claim and then step out to take our first breath of American air. It's the best feeling in the world.

On the other hand, Hailey thrashes and kicks around in Niall's arms, whining and crying. To her, it's no different than Ireland. We load up into our new rental car and we drive through the city to our amazing hotel.

I walk with Hail hand in hand admiring the hotel as Niall checks us in. The bright red carpet under our feet, the massive chandelier that hangs proud from the ceiling, the untouched, white, pearly walls surrounding us. This has got to be luxury!

Niall comes back with the keys and we head up the elevator to the 19th floor. As we walk down the hallway to our room, I look back to find a guy following us, suspiciously smirking. He looks about our age, maybe a tiny bit younger. He's quite handsome, though. His piercing green eyes lock right onto mine, his smirk causing my heart to race.

"Niall..." I whisper, nudging his arm.

"Hm?"

I signal for him to turn around, and so he does. He raises his eyebrow with confusion before looking back at me.

I turn back around and the guy is nowhere in sight... weird. I try my hardest to shake off the thought of the mysterious boy. Maybe it was just a misunderstanding.

We enter our room and it's no surprise, it's just as beautiful as the rest of the hotel. We set down our luggage and immediately leave for dinner.

"I can't believe we're actually here." Niall smiles.

"Yeah..."

I nervously hang on to him, peering around every inch of the hallway. I feel very uneasy about this. I catch a quick glimpse of what seems to be the boy standing in the frame of a doorway, but when I double take, he's gone again. Maybe I'm just seeing things now.