✤-Why I'm not a fan of Countryhumans x Reader

TW: Mentions of depression, suicide, THOSE countries, r4p3, pedophilia, and toxic relationships. Proceed with caution.

The portrayal of Y/N.

As we all know, Y/N is supposed to be the reader's self-insert.

But, Y/N is portrayed 90% of the time as a cishet girl who is either a high schooler, a college student, or a young adult. She always has mommy issues, depression, insomnia, and anxiety. 

Now immediately, most of you can notice something's wrong.

The actual reader might NOT be a cishet girl. They might NOT have depression, anxiety, or insomnia. They might NOT have mommy issues. And even if the actual reader has any of those, it might be different than what's being portrayed in the fanfic.

And keep in mind, I'm ignoring the Child! Reader fanfics, for now.

The Storyline

Y/N is just minding her business in her house when✨BAM✨ a portal appears out of nowhere! Out comes some Countryhumans and boy, are they hot! They settle themselves in Y/N's home even though that is considered an invasion of her personal space. Y/N realizes she has feelings for these pieces of dirt and they love her back, it is just that Y/N is oblivious as frick. The countries flirt with Y/N for a few chapters. Some angsty chapters about Y/N's depression later, Y/N attempts suicide when the countries stop her. They tell her about their feelings and stuff. THE END

The above is the plot for many Countryhuman x Reader fanfics. You know what, I'm not going to explain what's wrong here.

The Dynamic

 The countries are often portrayed in a position of power in these fanfics. Meanwhile, Y/N is a weak UwU bean. Right off the bat, the relationship dynamic is unhealthy and abusive, and it seems that the author is romanticizing this type of relationship and putting it in a good light. This sends a horrible example for people who read this stuff.

THOSE COUNTRIES

I've often noticed that in many Countryhuman x Reader fanfics, Countries such as the Third Reich, the Soviet Union, Imperial Japan, Fascist Italy, and the Confederate States of America are ALWAYS romanticized. And that is if they are not portrayed as "YaNdErEs" who r4p3 Y/N. Those countries have done a lot of horrible things, and yet they are portrayed as "Hot".

THE x CHILD! READER ONES

This is straight-up pedophilic and disgusting. Most of the time, the title is Countryhumans x Child! Reader. The "x" is often used for shipping. And the authors writing this mostly ship romanticly and sexually. Let's face it, it's mostly twelve-year-old fujoshits in the fandom who like to ship Rusame, Thirdunion, Gerpol, Southjap, and Country x Y/N. Those authors are blindly promoting and encouraging pedophilia.

THE OUTCOME

These fanfics are an excuse to exploit the Comfort Character Excuse, one of the most popular excuses to justify romanticizing shitty characters.

An Example of the Comfort Character Excuse: "But Swoviet-Kuns my innocent wittle bby don't tell otherwise OwO!!!11!! Lwet people writes whatever they want you bigot!!11!! Grr!!11!! *insert seven hundred angry emojis*". 

Conclusion

REPEAT AFTER ME!

"Not everyone is comfortable with shipping themselves with a country. Some people have comfort characters but don't ship themselves with said characters."

There is a lot more nitty gritty stuff, but I just kept them main Elephants in the Room. If there is anything else I forgot, please let me know. This is Milo, signing out.