Ch.15

The sunlight filtering through your blinds wake you up just a few moments ago, and you are still registering everything that is in your sight and on your touch. The immense relief you feel once you are sure, sure that it is her lying next to you, that she is there, is something you can't exactly fathom.

The weather is still chilly especially when it is early in the morning like this, but that does not entirely matter to you now. Not when you have your hands wrapped up around her tightly like this, both of you cuddled up close under your blanket on your bed. Your heart beats in a calmer rhythm, and you could feel the relieved huff of breath leaving your nose.

The effect she has on you now... You never thought it would be like this.

You are content to stay under the blanket for a while longer, your jaw resting on her chest, and you are looking up slightly just to look at her.

She looks so much better.

Granted it has been months since she was injured, but it is still rather unsettling that the last time you saw her she was still deathly pale.

(You still couldn't quite believe you managed to figure out the mess of a riddle you have in your mind that she left behind without her next to you)

Now, she has that healthy tan back on her skin, the melanin is beautiful as always on her, a great wonder that you think you will cherish for as long as you breathe. You don't ever want to see her that ghastly ever. You are certain that you will give up the world just so she would not get hurt again.

Though, as it is, you don't think that is possible.

You have come to an understanding of her true profession. Just the surface of it, perhaps, but it is enough to tell you that she will expose herself to danger again. Or, more accurately, she must throw herself to danger if that would mean she could save the person she is protecting.

A mobster.

You are deeply in love with a mobster.

A legal mobster.

Your eyebrows scrunch together at that idea.

Despite how odd it is, it sure explains some things.

Like how she has the habit of sitting at a table against the wall at any eateries you've been to, a position that would give her a full view of the premise. Or how she would turn her heads around and scanning a place fully when you enter it, presumably to make sure it is secure, or to make note of where the exits are. It never really bothered you of course, you think it is just a harmless habit of hers, that she is a bit too particular. There is even a category of behavioral disorder for it. But now you understand that it is so much more than that. She has been on guard all the time she was with you.

You think it started from the time your purse got snatched. You could only wonder what exactly she told the delinquent when she got your purse back then, but you could make a fair guess now. Not to forget, the first time she brought you home, she fought all those men trying to harass you. And that physical strength that you have no idea where it came from when she defended you in the emergency room...

It all makes sense. Somewhat.

You have done your research on the 'Im' group during Juyeon's disappearance, and as expected, nothing of their involvement with the underground world can be found in a simple Naver search. Of course, what does come up from the search is multiple results showing just how wealthy the family conglomerate really is. They operate the biggest security firm in south Korea, providing high end security with the latest technology in the market to government and corporate buildings, as well as the wealthiest neighborhoods. They also have the largest fleet of armored cars and certified security personnels for the national treasury and banks.