Ch.7

"Oh my god," Luda gasps when you close your locker door, revealing yourself for her to see. Her eyes fly from the top to the bottom of your body, and then again, blinking repeatedly in pure shock. "Oh my god."

"What?" you chuckle as you question, a little nervous under the nurse's close and intense once-over.

"You look-" Luda pauses, unsure as she glances twice at her own lover, who is humming happily, wrapped in a white towel, still a bit wet from the shower. Luda closes in, whispering to you. "Hyunjung will give me an uppercut if she hears this. But wow, Jiyeon. You look amazing."

"Thank you," you say, blushing. "Do you think she will like it?"

"Juyeon? Yes. She would love it. The only thing that I think is wrong here is that you're changing to this dress in this..." Luda scoffs as she looks around the staff changing room. "Filthy... locker room..."

"I don't have much of a choice. The reservation is in an hour. We won't make it in time to the restaurant if I were to get ready at my house, and she's uh, she's okay with it."

"This is so nice. She's picking you up from the hospital? Why won't Hyunjung ever do the same for me?"

Hyunjung overhears your conversation easily now that Luda is no longer whispering under her breath. She pops in just in time, giving you a hapless, but fond smile. And now you truly understand how deeply in love she is with Luda. "Baby, we literally work and live at the same place."

"Yeah, but you could, like, I don't know, hire a driver?" Luda throws a suggestion that she thinks is guileless enough.

Hyunjung squints her eyes a bit, closing their distance and towering over Luda, though her menace is fatuous, given that she is still wrapped in a towel. "Is that supposed to be a jab to my driving skill?"

"No," Luda shakes her head. "I'm jabbing on the fact that you're too cheap."

"Well, that... that I cannot deny."

"Go and put something on, idiot."

You giggle as Luda shoos Hyunjung to action. The taller woman sashays away, hips shaking sensually as she heads to her locker at the end of the line.

"That is so unnecessary." Luda comments drily.

In return, Hyunjung gives one last jiggle of her butt. "Don't I look amazing as well?"

"Yes," Luda reddens at actually being caught, burying her face in her palm. "Yes, you do, just go change already!"

You can't quite help but laugh. "If this is how you two normally act and talk at home, I imagine it would be very lively."

"I can't really say it's the best, but it's warm." Luda answers with a sincere tone, grinning.

"That's more than enough, isn't it?"

"Yes," Luda nods, her voice dreamy. "Yes, it is."

You take another look at the two women again. You have never thought these two were dating before. True to what Luda said and from what you yourself have seen, they are quite careful in their interactions at work, keeping it professional and at most, subtle with their touches when they think no one is watching. If Luda had never told you, you would most probably be kept in the dark forever about the true nature of their relationship.

"I'm so happy for you." you say, fondness evident in your tone.

Luda chuckles, though the slight red tint in her cheeks has yet to leave. "I'm so happy for you too, I hope your dinner date will turn out to be the best you've ever had."