24: Fair

"I'm not going to the Exhibition with you."

"You said you forgave me."

"That was just yesterday," Dahlia huffed putting her mug on the desk.

"Dahlia, entertain me for 3 months then you can forget me forever."

She didn't answer him. Forget him? They both knew it wasn't that easy. In fact, right now, it felt impossible.

"Will you come?" he pleaded.

"You should go!" Gloria's voice came from outside. Of course, she was in on this.

"I'll think about it."

"I'm picking you up tomorrow at 12."

"That wasn't confirmation," she called out as he left her office.

~~~~~~~~~

"It really is packed," Tristan mumbled once they entered CNE's grounds.

"Yeah, it's a really anticipated event. When it gets too crowded we can go to the Sky Ride," she looked upward.

"Should we check some of the rides then?" he looked around. Dahlia nodded as she grabbed his hand and headed toward the Bonsai.

"Oh, this is going to be fun."

"It is," Dahlia agreed, "Although, you can still hold my hand if you get scared."

Tristan chuckled, safely buckling himself in the chair.

"WOOO!" 

His senses were overcome by the screams of the people on the ride. He cheered as the rest of the fair disappeared into a blur of colors. Dahlia's laugh matched his own and her hand found his. He held it tightly hoping this ride would never end.

"The ribs were really good."

"Which ones?"

"All of them," Tristan chuckled, "I'm not joining the debate."

"Why'd you even go to Ribfest if you weren't going to choose a favorite?" Dahlia nudged him.

"Because you said it's tradition."

"Come on," she rolled her eyes, "You need to try these," she guided him to a stall.

"Tiny Tom Donuts?"

"Shhh, don't doubt Tiny Tom."

Tristan smiled the whole way through the food stalls and on the Sky Ride. They enjoyed the Air Show, the pilots doing quick turns and booming rolls. Their planes flew upwards rapidly before turning around each other, leaving colorful contrails behind.

"I think I'm going to be sick," Tristan said as they left the Mega Drop.

"I thought you were a secret agent. The Mega Drop defeated you, Tristan Antonov?"

"It didn't mix well with all the ribs and mini donuts."

"Let's take a break from the rides," Dahlia chuckled, "How good is your aim?"

"Perfect, obviously."

"Mine's probably better," she teased, guiding them to the balloon blast game.

"Go, go, go," a couple of watchers cheered the players on. Tristan was about to win; his balloon a second away from bursting.

POP!

"Wooo!" someone yelled.

"I told you," he smirked at her, "Although, I do want to get that minion over there," he pointed at the ring toss.