II; v. malls and rats, and breaking up with brats

chapter five
malls and rats, and breaking up with brats

     LEFT ALONE WITH the house to herself, Raven ran around the house, her favorite loose worn out tank tops hanging on her lanky frame, swinging around as she sang and danced to Everybody Wants to Rule the Word by the band Tears for fears that blasted on full volume from her boombox, echoing through every room and corner of her house.

     She's to clean her room for the mess last night's fun had given, she had plastic bags on her hand and by the door of her room, all filled with the candy wrappers and soda cans that she, Max and Robin ate last night for their girl's night. She had a blast, the serotonin from the previous night still lingered, giving her lasting happiness and doubled energy — hence the dancing while cleaning.

     "Welcome to your life . . . There's no turning back . . . Even while we sleep, we will find you. Acting on your best behaviour, turn your back on Mother Nature. Everybody wants to rule the world." Raven took one wrapper to another, placing them one by one to the plastic bag, Gorgon too helped, with its long spread out tentacles that fixed moved and messed object back to how they were, all the same time picking up trash from Raven's crumb filled floor and having them thrown into the bag she held.

     It's my own design . . . It's my own remorse, help me to decide, help me make the — Most of freedom and of pleasure, Nothing ever lasts forever . . . Everybody wants to rule the world, though having a deep voice, the entity had still made it work, singing with such emotion that Raven smiled to.

     "There's a room where the light won't find you . . . Holding hands while the walls come tumbling down. When they do, I'll be right behind you—"

     So glad we've almost made it . . . So sad they had to fade it — Everybody wants to rule the world. Raven laughed and cheered, and as she did, she felt this bubbling feeling from her guts, one that of happiness that she was sure Gorgon was feeling. I love this song.

      Raven laughed, "Who doesn't?" She tied the hole in the plastic into a knot, walking to her door and taking the other bags and have them held with struggle, but she still managed, disposing them to the garbage bin and going back to her home with relief drawn to her face.

     What do we do after this? asked Gorgon as Raven opened their broom closet, taking the vacuum cleaner from the far corner of the small closet.

     "Dunno." She shrugged. "Max said we're going somewhere after this, maybe hang out in the mall or on the fall — Don't you think I should wash the dishes first?"

     Your room needs cleaning. You can do that after your room.

     Raven shrugged, taking the vacuum and closing the closet, "Right," she said, now approaching her kitchen sink and crouching to open the closet just under it.

     She was about to take the powdered soap when something moved from behind it, followed by small squeaking that sounds to be of a rat. Raven moved the pack of the powdered soap aside, there behind revealed a rat that was munching on some of the chemical materials used for cleaning. The rat stopped to look at her, hissing as though a cat and jumped to her, she jolted up and threw her arms everywhere, yelling as she was startled by the sudden move of the rat.

     As she struggled, Gorgon laughed at her mishaps, "Take it off me!" she yelled over and over, patting herself down until she felt the rat in her hand, taking hold of it and throwing it across the room. "Fuck!"