Part Eleven

Reader's POV

"You ready to go?"

You looked at Peter and nodded with a forced smile. Peter frowned, his eyes searching yours. Those brown eyes that were a few shades lighter than the ones you wished were looking at you.

"Are you okay?" he asked softly.

You stayed silent for a moment, before shaking your head. You'd dreamt about your Peter last night. Dreamt about seeing him again. But then you'd woken up, and it had left you feeling upset.

It had been four months since you'd seen him. You'd finally been able to get back into your daily life again – going to school, hanging out with friends, going on missions – but the dream was just going to make today a bad day.

"Do you... do you need to talk about it?" Peter asked softly.

"I just..." you sighed. "I had another dream about him. Just not feeling the best."

You let out a long breath, and started your walk from the tower to the train station. Peter had been coming by the tower more often to walk with you to school, and to take care of you. He was really the best friend anyone could ask for. Peter slung an arm around your shoulders in a one-armed hug.

"It'll be okay," he said. "I mean, the Spanish quiz got cancelled, so that's a bonus, right?"

A small smile crept its way onto your face at his attempt to make you feel better. The two of you exited the tower and made your way down the street to the train station. The walk seemed slow, slower than most days. Maybe it was because you dreaded reaching the alley.

The alley where you'd disappeared, the alley where the light had been. The alley where you'd met Peter.

This Peter seemed to notice your hesitance.

"It'll be okay," he said again. "Don't worry about it."

"Can we..." you hesitated. "Can we just... take a look?"

Peter bit his lip nervously and checked his watch. He seemed to have an internal battle before he sighed.

"Okay, but we have to be quick," he yielded.

You nodded, and you reached the alley. You slowly stepped into it, putting one foot in front of the other. There was no light, no indication that anything strange had ever happened here. No indication that you'd met the person of your dreams.

You didn't realise how long you'd been standing there until a hand landed on your shoulder. Peter squeezed your shoulder lightly, and your bottom lip wobbled. You'd really thought that maybe the dream had meant something. That maybe Peter would be here today.

"C'mon, Y/n," Peter said softly. "It's time to go."

You sighed and turned, but not before you caught the sight of a blue sparkle in the air. You turned back quickly to see a portal shaped as a star, blue electricity bordering the opening. And inside it stood two figures. One was unfamiliar to you, a girl with short dark hair, but the other...

"Peter!" you cried.

The both of you ran at the same time, your footsteps in sync. You leapt into his arms and collided, causing him to take a step back. Peter held you tightly in his arms as you sobbed into his shoulder, feeling your own shoulder grow slightly damp, before you pulled back to look at him.

His beautiful brown eyes were as captivating as ever; his brown hair as soft and fluffy as you'd last seen it.

And then his lips were on yours, and you were kissing him again. His lips moved over yours fiercely, like he had been dreaming of this for months. You kissed him with the same intensity, unable to fathom that he was actually here–

"Hey! We're still here!"

You and Peter pulled away with a start, still holding each other but now looking at the girl with dark hair. Her arms were crossed over her chest and she muttered something in what sounded like Spanish.

"Oh, yeah," Peter said breathlessly, putting you down. "This is America Chavez. She has multidimensional travelling powers!"

You looked at the girl and she gave you a wave and a grin.

"How did... how did you find me?" you breathed, eyes searching his face.

"Well, America's been to a whole bunch of different universes ever since she learnt how to control her powers," Peter explained. "There was this one world with this crazy witch who was trying to kill her and absorb her powers... anyway, she came to my universe, and apparently she's met me before! Well a variant of me, and I told her about you and she said she could help me find you! We've been to a couple of other worlds, this is our fifth one! And–"

"Hey, buddy!" America called. "You're rambling!"

Peter blushed and apologised, but you smiled. You didn't mind his rambling, if only to hear his voice for longer.

"Well, basically America said that she'll stay with us while we figure out how to use her powers with science so we can create a device to travel through dimensions!" Peter said excitedly. His smile was wide, and it only encouraged yours to grow, too. "We'll be able to stay together."

Tears filled your eyes, but they were different to the ones that had been appearing recently. These were tears of happiness, tears of joy at seeing him again.

"You – you're here," you whispered.

Peter's excited smile softened, and his eyes were full of admiration and adoration.

"I'm here," he whispered, kissing your forehead.

You wrapped your arms around him tightly, not wanting to ever let go. You felt that if you did, then maybe he would fade away like the last time. Peter seemed to think the same, because his arms stayed wrapped around you, threatening to never let go.

"Um... sorry to interrupt..."

You turned your head to face the Peter from this world, who waved awkwardly.

"Um... maybe I could call Bucky and ask if, y'know... you can skip today because of..." he gestured to the Peter in your arms.

You smiled widely at him and nodded, but before you could go back to being content in Peter's arms, the spider in question stepped towards the one from this world, loosening his arms, but still holding your hand.

"Hey," he said to this-world-Peter. "You look like the other Peter we met. Peter-One."

"Yeah, Y/n told me about him," Peter – One? Five? – said.

"I need a way to remember you guys," you groaned. "Peter this, Peter that... I need a naming system."

"What about Andrew-Peter and Tom-Peter?"

You jumped and turned around to see a man in a red body suit leaning against the alley wall. The suit covered his face, and he was polishing a katana.

"Er... who are you?" you asked.

"Oh, I'm Deadpool," he said, jumping up and holding his hand out to you. "I've been travelling with those two. They picked me up from my world and, man, I've always wanted to visit the MCU... I mean, this obviously isn't the exact MCU, but it has the Avengers... besides, the X-Men are kind of boring in this generation, like Charles was so much better looking as McAvoy, but in my time we've got a wrinkly old man – iconic, yeah, but still old..."

"What?" you said, completely confused.

The man sighed and shook his head.

"I'm travelling with them," he simplified, pointing a thumb at Peter and America. "But I guess you wouldn't understand Andrew and Tom..."

"What about boyfriend-Peter and best-friend-Peter?" America suggested, raising her eyebrows.

You looked at the boy who held your heart. The boy in question grinned and shrugged.

"Sounds good to me," he laughed.

You smiled at boyfriend-Peter, your heart feeling fuller than you had in months. Peter smiled back at you, and in that moment, life felt complete.