[Ch. 3]

Jamie P.O.V.

 I can't live alone without Kronos. 

 In the start of the day, he had left me alone in this floating wooden boat with a note on my forehead. 

It read: 

Gotta kick those butts of our enemies.I will return by day. -K. 

 I rolled my eyes. Kronos really loves not to listen to me. Yes, he does love me, but he doesn't have to get into a fight with a bunch of people who hate us already. But... how could he leave me alone in this lonely boat? I don't think I can live a second without him present.

 Is this thing called love? Or is just a fact that I'm attached to him? I want to believe that I'm in love with him. Or whatever. 

 I wish he comes back safely. 

 (Three hours passed) 

 I was looking at the sky, and saw a black bird. It came towards me, and I noticed that it wasn't a bird at all. It was a man with black cape, black gauntlets, black shirts and jeans, and, of course, his black wings soaring high. 

"KRONOS!!" I jumped, waving my hand. He slightly nodded, but his face was not bright. When he landed on the edge of the boat, it wavered, but the boat regained its control to balance. Without a word, he led me to a small trapdoor. It was a small boat, but there were enough space for us.

 Inside that trapdoor was the largest room I had ever seen. I was standing there with wide eyes when Kronos coughed for attention. "Jamie, I'm truly sorry for causing this trouble," he said with sincerity. 

"What trouble..?" I asked. He clasped a hand over my mouth. Then he looked at sideways, as if he was nervous. I then knew that he was not alright. Not at all. My Kronos never got nervous. In fact, he was way too over-confident. 

"Stay right here. Even if you hear any screams or fights above, don't come out of this trapdoor,okay?" He asked, and tears started to form in his eyes. "I can't lose you again. Not again." He murmured with his wings flapping slowly. 

"... Kronos, what happened?" I asked, my voice a mere whisper. 

"I had beaten one of the Olympians," he said while holding me to his chest. "So e-everyone wants me to fade, and they've brought Ouranos b-back."He stammered his words. That only means that... he is truly afraid of the disaster coming. 

"Kronos..." I couldn't find a word to comfort him. Fear may be a good weapon to fight with, but it would unleash his great amount of power he had stored deep in his heart. 

 The power's immense. If that gets unleashed, Kronos would transform. Not into another person, but to his 'real' inner-demon. I mean, his eyes would go molten-gold, and his plans would likely go through an evil plot, and his thoughts about me would possibly change. He could kill me easily if the insane part of him decides to.

 I hugged him tightly. "I don't want to lose you too..." 

"Jamie... we only have one option," Kronos said after several seconds which seemed like 6 hours. I hoped that he wouldn't do what I was thinking. Kronos looked at my eyes, and muttered, "To protect you, I have to go to the battle mode-" 

"Kronos," I whispered. "Please don't do that." 

"I'm sorry... I have to do this. With only my current powers, I can't go against him. If I do with this weak body... I would die instantly."

 I had to agree with him in that point. "Just... remember me, okay?" I asked. He nodded as the time stopped around him. In a low voice he murmured, "You'd better close your eyes."The golden light surrounded him, and his eyes glowed white. Then the blinding light caused me to close my eyes, and the only sound I heard was Kronos' pained groans. 

 When I finally opened my eyes, I saw Kronos lying on the floor. I quietly made my way toward him, and crouched beside him. Few moments passed, and I was tempted to kiss on his lips. But I didn't, because I was worried about the insane monster he would become. 

 Then I froze. He opened his eyes slowly, and they were not cold, golden color they were used to be.These were molten-gold. Our eyes met; he then grinned in quite an insane way. He looked down at his body as he slowly stood up.

"Hi," he said.