[Ch. 7]

Jamie P.O.V.

 "..?" 

 I glanced at Kronos, and he instantly bowed to the person/immortal/God/Titan/Primordial. I followed his example, and this strange person said to rise. I stood there, awkwardly, and Kronos pulled me to his side, his gaze drifting over the immortals behind him. 

"Who's he..?" I whispered, and he gave me a soft, cute smile. 

"Lord Chronos," he whispered back. He gripped my hand firm and tight, so I wouldn't shiver. 

"So..." Lord Chronos started to say something. 

"I've heard that my brother and his grandson was going to kill a demigod... and that a Titan was trying to protect her, am I right?"I looked at Kronos, who was shifting uncomfortably. 

"You okay?" I whispered. He nodded. 

"Lord Ouranos, I want to ask you. Why are you trying to kill her? Is there a proper reason why you have to send her to Tartarus?" he asked, his voice no longer containing emotions. It was cold as an ice... 

"She's dangerous," Ouranos said, his anger rising. 

"I'm not-" I tried to retort, but Kronos clamped my mouth. 

"There's a time when you can say without being killed, and now isn't the time," Kronos whispered.I nodded, and he planted a kiss on my forehead. 

"Good," he mused. Then he pulled me even closer to him, as if he wasn't satisfied with the appearance of another Primordial. I heard the quickening of Kronos' breathing. 

'What makes him that nervous..?' I thought. 

 Few seconds later, I heard a sharp whistle that froze my body. Pain soared through my entire body, and I lost the strength on my legs. 

"Good timing?" The guy asked. Zeus nodded, smirk growing bigger on his face. 

"Jamie!" Kronos cried out, leashing out his strings of anger and bitterness onto our enemies. He crouched and lifted my head, locking his eyes with mine. 

"Hey..." he whispered, his voice faltering. 

"I'm okay-" I tried to get up, but the pain was so immense that I screamed. Kronos caught me right on time, his eyes filled with worriedness. Then he turned, and glared at the two gods and a Primordial, who was enjoying their time, looking at us. 

"Kronos," Lord Chronos sighed, putting a hand on his shoulder. Kronos tensed. 

"Your decision could lead you to a wrong way again," Lord Chronos said. 

"I said I'm not going to fail again," Kronos slowly said. "And I will never let them hurt her.""Why?" The Primordial asked. "Why do you have to protect her?" 

"Because... because they were chasing us, especially Jamie. And..." He looked at me with those caring eyes. "... I really love her. She's been a part of me since we met." 

 Few moments passed. Lord Chronos sighed and said, "The ship's burning, and you know that you have two choices. Choose well."With that, Lord Chronos left us. 

"Kronos?" I asked. He looked at me, and smiled. Then he looked at the gods and demigods, who were glancing at us. 

"This is something I don't usually do," Kronos sighed. "Usually, I am the one who attempts to kill the main character but fails because something happens." He chuckled at that. 

"But... things have changed. If I truly love you, I would protect you 'til the end of our lives... and I would do that right now!"

"Ready?" He asked. 

"Ready for what?" I asked, confused. 

"Let's hope that we would be together next time. Let's think that we would meet again, and you to live a happier life. Let me defeat the gods... When we are happy again... yeah, that's it." He looked at me, his golden eyes sparkling. 

"I really wanted to tell you that I loved you." 

"Kronos... you're talking about suicide..!" 

"Yes," he said. "And I've got a feeling that we'd be together... soon," he smirked. 

"Kronos..." I hugged him and buried my head in his chest. Tears flew down my cheeks. A hand wiped them gently.

"Jamie, I know this is hard for you, but we'll meet again. If this is our end, let it be. But if it's not, let me plan something later..." 

 He took a glance at everyone else, who were 'curiously' looking at us. He snarled at them, and walked to the edge of the cruise ship. His wings flapped slowly as he faced them. 

"You might think that she's dangerous, Zeus. But she isn't at all. You picked a wrong person to chase after. All she wanted was a normal life. And you destroyed it. Therefore... I will choose..." He stepped on the tip of the ship. 

"To never be chased by you again!!" He roared and jumped backwards. I wanted to scream, but no sound ever came out. 

 There was no swallowing sound of the waves yet. That's a good thing; he was waiting for me. I glanced at the others who were as shocked as I was. Never knew that Kronos would make such a bold step. 

 Zeus and Ares came closer to me. I had no choice but to think that Kronos would stop me from falling more. Tears formed in my eyes. 

'Really, when we meet next time, I want to live in a safe place with no gods chasing to kill me.' I thought. Putting my best game face on, I stepped backwards, and closed my eyes as I fell. 

"Gotcha," a man's voice said. 

 I almost cried. 

"Kronos," I whispered.

"I will play this part as fast as I can," he murmured. "Five to ten years later, we'll meet again. I promise you." 

"Five years?" I asked him. 

"Five years," he confirmed. 

 Kronos folded his black wings, and we were soon near our deaths. 

"Will you remember me..?" I asked as we splashed in the water.Instead of answering, he nodded with such authority.

"I will... no, you will meet me again. Soon," he said. "Soon you'll face the gods with the same amount of power they have. We'll get the revenge." 

"Kronos..!" I cried out. "I don't need revenge to avenge myself." 

 He looked at me. "Not you, it's because I hated my situation being chased by them..."