one

present day
(season 3, episode 2)

present day(season 3, episode 2)

▬▬ι══════════════ι▬▬

"Why do you hate me?" Robins voice whined through the phone.

Olivia could hear faint rustling in the background.

"I'm not coming to visit you at work." Liv responded.

A small huff was emitted on the other end.

"Why not!"

Olivia leaned against her kitchen wall, grasping onto the phone with her right hand. She let out a long sigh-- Robin knew this sound well enough: Liv was thinking.

Robin and Olivia had been friends for two years now. Like Robin, Olivia was considered an outcast. However, unlike her blue-eyed best friend, Liv wasn't the type of outcast that most students preferred. When it came down to it, the kids in high school didn't really mind the theater nerds or the band geeks--a group Robin was apart of-- but they did have an issue with the freaks. This was the category Olivia fell under.

Olivia knew that her title was her own doing. After all, only freaks started fights with the popular girls. But she didn't care. At the end of the day, none of it mattered. Everyone in Hawkins already had a preconceived notion of who she was. No matter what she did, they would find a way to twist it into their own reality. If the only name her neighbors were willing to give her was "troubled child", she might as well embrace it... right?

Olivia was lucky, though, and by some beautiful fate, her and Robin were shoved together by the universe. They clicked almost instantly, from their humor to their core life values. It was perfect. Other than Robin, Liv had one other friend- and she sometimes felt like that title was pushing it. Even still, she was content with her social life. Robin was more than enough.

Liv's deep-rooted love for best friend didn't change the fact that she was entirely frustrated by her current situation. The pair of girls usually spent all of their free time together, but once Starcourt Mall opened, Robin had jumped on the opportunity to get a new job. I need the cash! She told Olivia. Plus, maybe I can be really charming and get a lot of tips. Olivia understood, of course, and Robin's new work schedule wasn't what kept them from seeing one another as frequently.

It was Robin's coworker that made Olivia steer clear of Scoops Ahoy.

"Helloooo?"

Robins sing-song voice ripped Olivia out of her mind. She blinked as she attempted to focus back on her best friends voice.

"Why won't you just come?"

"You know why." Liv responded. "If I had to choose between spending time in the same general vicinity as Steve Harrington or getting shot repeatedly, I'd choose getting shot. Repeatedly." Olivia made sure to emphasize the last part of her sentence to further highlight the importance of her statement. On the other end of the phone, Robin didn't fail to notice the venomous way her best friend had uttered the name of her coworker.