number three

We quickly caught up with others, walking along. Manny kept making sure everyone are going and no one is lagging behind. Then Sid came to us running with something in his mouth.

"Manny, I just heard you're going extinct. You too, Rose." Sid said muffled with full mouth, pushing into himself more blueberries and getting more dirty from it. I cringe in disgust and I'm not alone who's disgusted.

"Hey, if you ever master hygiene, try working on sensitivity." Diego told him, meaning Sid should watch what he's saying. I'm not gonna lie it didn't hurt a little when Sid said I'm too going extinct but to be honest, I don't really care. Somehow it doesn't bother me, at all. But it does Manny, even though he don't wanna admit it.

"I'm not going extinct." Manny got into Sid's face but a father with his kids had to change his mind.

"Kids, look. The last mammoth. And weasel." All his kids woahed at us, especially at Manny as his big figure blocked the sun from their view. "Well, you probably won't see another one of these again." And then they continued walking like others. Rude. We don't need to be remind every second.

"Ignore them." I told Manny and so he continued walking, me on his tusk. 

____The Next Day____

Now it's the next day as I'm walking with Diego, annoyed from Sid's singing. He was singing yesterday, at night, in the morning and now. As he was singing, Manny gave him treat that he's gonna sit on him and this time kill him, which finally made Sid shut up. Manny then turn to melting pieces of ice upside down, watching his reflecion in every one with sad expresion.

"What if you're right? What if I am the last mammoth?" Manny spoke, his brows furrowing in sadness. 

"But Manny, look at the bright side. You have us." Sid tried to cheer him up but neither I or Diego think it's positive. 

"Not your most pursuasive argument, Sid." Diego told Sid but right then we heard a sound. Sound that make only mammoth. Our eyes widen in realization when Diego asked 'mammoths?'.

"I knew I couldn't be the last one!" Manny called happily, turning to us but accidentaly lifting Sid on his tusk and began running the way the sound is coming. I jumped on Diego's back as he took off running after them and soon we caught up with them. After a while of running we came from behind a bush, Manny stopping sharply it sent Sid flying forward to tree trunk. And then that sound is heard, but it's not a mammoth. It's (idk the name of the animal) having problems and making that sound through trunk.

"Sorry. My stomach hates me." He apologized to Sid as Sid then return to us, waving his hand before his nose like to wave the smell away. We, except Manny, all cringe in disgust. I'm glad I wasn't thrown like Sid. Manny on the other hand again got sad expresion on, disappointed it's not a mammoth. He then turn and began walking away as Sid kept rumpilng about the smell but stopped once he noticed Manny.

"Manny." He called after him, making Manny stop but not look back at us.

"I-eh. I need to be alone. Go on ahead. I'll catch up later." Then he continued walking. Poor Manny. It's getting to him. I know how he feels, maybe I don't care about it but still I would use some company of my kind.

"I'm gonna talk to him." I said to my friends before going after my biggest friend. "Can I join? You know, as we have the same problem." I asked Manny and he quietly nodded, not giving me a glance. Smiling a little I jumped on his tusk. After few seconds when we know we're from Diego's and Sid's sight, Manny suddenly asked.

"How are you so calm?" I look up at him confused, not understanding what he means. 

"What do you mean?"