number eight

"We're gonna die!" Changing his opinion, Sid cried out. The only thing still above the water is the little land we stand on, which in few seconds will be also covered under water, and the big boat animals managed to get on. Me, Sid, Crash and Eddie crawled on Manny's and Ellie's back, avoiding the water for the last few seconds.

I never imagined this would be how I die. Like it was my fifth thought, don't ask what are the other four, but I was less expecting it. And I never got the chance to remember what was my life before I woke up in snow, I never got the chance to have mate(well that's not much of problem as I don't think I would mate with someone who is something else than weasel). So much I could've went through, but the fate is bitch.

I closed my eyes, letting the death to take me and waiting for water to fill my nose drills. But nothing. Instead of that I heard weird sound and opened my eyes to see the water falling down. And that's cause of gap between ice walls, the water running through. 

"We're gonna live!" This time it's me to call out. When the flood is over, we got down to meet animals exiting the boat. So I still have a chance, and others too. Like Ellie and Manny, they still have a chance. To have their own family.

"Hey, look at those two." Eddie pointed at something behind us, snickering with laugh with his brother. Turning to look at what is he pointing at, I laugh along with them at the sight of annoyed Diego being hugged by Sid, and below them many other smaller sloths hugging each other. Where did they came from?

"I want a hug too!" Diego yelped when I showed up and hugged them both. I will do anything to get on his nerves. But then I noticed something, and not just me. My eyes widen at the sight of mammoths coming from the gap, and there's even more! And we thought Manny and Ellie are the last ones. Looks like not.

We walk down, watching the mammoths and happy Ellie and Manny walking between them. Ellie turns around to walk along with them, but Manny did not, and she noticed that which made her stop and turn to him. Huh, I thought Manny would be happy to be among his kind.

They talked and when we approached them, Ellie turned to follow mammoths and leave Manny behind. Disappointed and sad faces had both possums and Manny, but I won't let that happen. Manny found his happiness, and that's Ellie. I'm not gonna be burden to him and let him go. He deserves it.

"What are you doing?!" Startled, Manny lift his eyes to look at my frowning face. "What are you waiting for? Go with her. You found your happiness, and by just standing there you are letting it go." He hesitated, and I know for why. So I continued.

"Manny, you've come a long way since we met, but you need to let go of the past so you can have future. I understand it can seem hard to you, but it's easy. Just let it go, because your future is walking away and you'll regret if you let that happen. About us you don't worry, we will be fine." Giving him a speech, I can clearly see his cheeks lifting up in happiness, Diego and Sid coming to my sides.

"Go after her."

"It's ok. We'll always be here for you." Diego and Sid told him, weakening the once strong face of the mammoth standing before us.

"I'll keep in touch." Manny said.

"Yeah, yeah. You're a good friend. Point made. Now, go on. Scat." Looking down like to hide his softenes, Diego said to him. Oh, my big softie friend. We watched Manny go after Ellie, who has her brothers with her.

"Our Manny's growing up." Proudly Sid sighed, intertwining his claws. I can just agree with him, nodding my head.

"Yeah, he does. And now it's your turn, boys." Patting the tiger's and sloth's shoulders with cheeky smirk, Diego give me glare.

"Talk about yourself, little weasel." Now it's his turn to smirk, as well as I gave him glare. He wants to die. He know how much I hate it. Gritting my teeth, we start play fighting with each other, our laughs filling the air. I finally managed to pin Diego down, pressing my dino knife to his neck.

"Okay, okay. I'm sorry. You won, now let me go." Satisfied with my work, we both stand up and look up where Manny and Ellie are still standing, having their trunks wrapped around each other lovingly. How cute. That's something I think I'll never have.

"Well, it's just you two and me now. Two bachelors and miss knocking about in the wild. Woo-hoo." Sid ironically cheered, turning around and walking with us the opposite way.

"FIne. But I'm not gonna carry you. I still have my pride, you know." Smirking, I jump on Diego's back. 

"But you will allow me." He growled, but didn't say anything.

"That's so not fair. Come on, buddy, for old time's sake." Sid whined, making me laugh.

"I'll carry him." We turn our head after Sid was snatched and placed on Manny's back. They came back? But their kind is leaving.

"But your herd's leaving." Diego pointed out, confused written on his face along with mine.

"We are now." I smile at them, glad for how they decided. Looks like our herd is growing bigger. I switched my place with possums, them jumping on Diego's back and me getting on Ellie's tusk. It's so great to have another female in the herd. I was getting tired of the boys.

"Manny, who do you like better? Me, Diego, or Rose?" Oh, and here we go again.

"Rose. It's so obvious I like her most."

"Told you I'm his favourite."

"And what about me and Diego? You like me more than him, right?"

"Nope, second is Diego. It's not even close."

"Haha, told you."

"Manny, you can't choose between your kids."

"More like future uncles and aunt. I'm too old to be a kid."

"He's not my kid. Not even my dog. If I had a dog and my dog had a kid and the dog's kid had a pet, that would be Sid."

Tunning their conversation, I just enjoyed the presence of my bigger family. What's gonna happen next? We will see.