6

Things Finn was not expecting when he came on this trip;

1. To make it.
2. To see a dragon.
3. To meet the princess.
4. To survive that.
5. To actually be able to stand up again.
6. To be stood face to face with a centaur and an amphibian.
7. To be, yet again, alive.

Yeah, the list was long and it just made Finn's head hurt more.

He was alive. He should just focus on that.

"Do you want your armour back?" Natasha, the small amphibian asked as she gestured to the chest plate and back plate that were laying near a glowing pool of water.

The idea was tempting, but he had nearly been eaten and killed for it.

"No." Finn admitted as he pulled his leather gloves back on. "I um... It's a bit heavy."

He had dismissed the chainmail for now, it was only a day's trip back to Thelon. Surely he had seen enough danger for a whole year.

"What? This?" Cole, the centaur, he's a flipping centaur, asked lifting the armour up with ease.

Of course he would use the opportunity to show off.

"Look at me." Finn deadpanned gesturing to his stick like arms. "I can't even handle a sword."

"Yeah..." Cole said slowly as he tucked the armour into the satchel on his back. "You're definitely not from Thelon."

A small smile flickered onto Finn's face. He rather liked not being associated with Thelon.

And his plan was to get away the moment he had finished this trip.

"So why are you so far out here?" Natasha asked curiously as she lifted herself out of the large pool of water.

Amphibians were rare creatures to see above water. They usually hid in deep lakes and rivers.

But now Finn could see why they were counted among the deadliest mythicals.

Spines of the same shade of blue went down the length of her spine, sharp talon like claws appeared from her webed fingers.

Finn knew not to push his luck with either of these two.

"I'm trying to-" Finn sighed cutting himself off, what was he trying to do? He ran a hand through his hair. "I'm trying to make up for something."

Cole frowned at him. "What exactly is it that you've done?"

"A lot of things I regret." Finn admitted crossing his arms, that was true. "And the people who stuck with me deserve more then what I've given them."

That was also true.

"So this is some heroic adventure." Cole nodded looking mildly irritated. "Why didn't I guess that?"

"I wouldn't call it heroic." Finn frowned. "I'm only alive because of pure luck, you would have fed me to a wolf if I hadn't somehow moved."

"Do you think the others that we handed over were still alive?" Natasha asked her voice quiet and small. She sounded almost guilty.

"Possibly." Cole shrugged examining one of the arm guards of Finn's stolen armour. "I need to talk to the natives again."

"As if they'll listen to you." Natasha frowned, patting the centaurs arm.. "They're scared of you."

"They're scared of all of us." Cole shrugged.

"Natives?" Finn asked curiously.

"It's a small group of humans, like you who hate Thelon and left there a couple of centuries ago."