Twenty-Two

I stand in front of the mirror behind my bedroom door when I hear a small knock. I open it to let Greg into my room as I do a small curtsy, "how do I look?"

"You look beautiful."

I grinned, running my hands over the red dress. It was long with a small slit up to the knee and thin straps that showed off more cleavage than I would normally go for. It was by far the nicest dress I had ever owned, all thanks to Greg. He had been far more accommodating this past week since I moved in than I expected him to be. "Thanks. And thanks for everything since I got here. The clothes, the safe space. I really appreciate it and I'm loving getting to know you better."

Greg smiled, "yeah. Me too. Are you okay?"

I groaned, tired of being asked that question. I ran my hand over the small bruise I covered up with makeup that was still on my cheek, "I'm fine."

Greg took a step towards me, resting his hand on my arm, "no you aren't. I hear you sometimes at night, whimpering in your sleep. Screaming out."

I felt my face turn bright red as I broke our eye contact, sitting on the edge of the bed to slip on my shoes, "I'm fine. I just need more time. I'll be okay."

"I know you will. I'm just worried about you is all."

I sighed, "I know." I stood up to wrap him in a hug. "I know you are. I expect no less from my older brother."

He chuckled, "good, then you'll expect what I'm about to say next then."

I groaned again, pushing past him to leave my room. I heard him following me downstairs as he laughed behind me, "don't start Greg."

He laughed, "come on. Your teacher? Sebastian is too old for you Anna."

I rolled my eyes, turning to face him with my arms crossed over my chest, "if it was another 21 year old woman dating a 36 year old man, would you say anything? If you met someone younger you liked, would you say no simply because of their age?"

He rolled his eyes back at me, making me chuckle as he groaned, "no. I suppose not. But other women aren't my younger sister. I just..."

"Worry about me." I cut him off as he nodded, "I know. I'm an adult though."

"Yeah yeah. Don't forget we're having lunch with dad tomorrow."

"I won't." I heard the doorbell ring as I leaned in to kiss his cheek. "Don't wait up for me, I probably.. hopefully... won't be coming home tonight." I laughed as I heard him grumble and stomp after me as I opened the door to find Sebastian in front of me. "Sebastian, hi." I quickly eyed him up and down in a black suit and white shirt with no tie.

"Anna... you look amazing."

Greg grumbled some more, "alright, stop checking out my sister and get out of here."

I giggled, turning back to him as he helped me into my coat, "goodnight Greg."

"Goodnight little one." He nodded curtly at Sebastian, "Seb. I expect you to take care of her."

Sebastian grinned, "I promise." He grabbed my hand, leading me away from the house to his black Audi where he opened the door for me. I slipped in and put on my seat belt and I watched him slide into the driver's seat. He turned to me with a grin, "so I'm thinking dinner. And then I'd like to show you my new place? If you want.."

I felt my heart flutter but nodded, "I'd like that."

He nodded, "good, because that is where your Valentine's present is."

I giggled as he pulled out onto the road, "you didn't need to get me anything Sebastian."

"I did." He glanced at me, leaning over to grab my hand in his. He threaded his fingers through mine, "I have another song. Wanna Be That Song, Brett Eldridge."

"Sebastian.."

He only grinned and pulled my hand to his mouth where he laid a kiss upon my knuckles. We drove in comfortable silence to a posh Italian restaurant in downtown Manhattan where he turned his car over to the valet. The hostess smiled at us when we stepped inside, leading us immediately to a table in the back of the restaurant. "I hope Italian is okay.."

I nodded, taking in the ambiance, "it's great Sebastian. Anything is great really. I didn't need something fancy."

He grinned, "I know. That's why I want to give it to you." He leaned closer to me so his lips brushed my ear, "I want to give you everything you want. Even things you don't think to ask for."

I couldn't control the blush that appeared as he leaned away to order us wine and I opened the menu. I gasped when he grabbed the leg of my chair to move me closer so our legs were touching. I looked up at him and he only grinned as he looked down at his own menu. The dinner passed by with a lot more small touches and more flirting than what I was used to. Finally, Sebastian leaned over to my ear once more.

"Let's go. I have dessert for you back at my place."

I giggled and nodded as I let him lead me towards the door, before we made it however, we ran into a couple. I glanced at the man to apologize for running into him and immediately turned red. "Da... Dean Jennings."

Tobias smiled down at me before shooting a glare to Sebastian, "Anna. Please, call me Tobias until.. or if.. you're ready to call me dad."

I nodded and glanced at his date. "Greg didn't tell me you were dating anyone."

He glanced at Sebastian again and I felt him tense up beside me, "he didn't mention it about you either." He looked back at me with a softer look, "Greg hasn't met Helen yet. We're still getting to know each other." He motioned to me, looking at his date, "this is.. my daughter, Anna."

I swallowed hard, hearing him call me that felt weird. I offered her my hand, "it's nice to meet you."

Helen offered me a sweet smile, making me wonder what she knew exactly, "it's nice to meet you dear."

When I looked back at Tobias, he was still staring at Sebastian. He pointed between us, "for now I'm going to pretend I didn't see one of my teachers out on a date with one of my students. My daughter no less. But you'll both be coming to the house tomorrow?"

I shook my head, "no. Just me."

Tobias chuckled, "no. I think it's important you both do now."

Sebastian spoke up, "I don't want to interrupt your guy's time together. We can discuss this on Monday."

Tobias shook his head and sighed, "no. I'd rather do it in an unofficial capacity. Wouldn't you?"

I groaned but Sebastian squeezed my hand, "of course sir. We'll see you tomorrow." He rushed us away from them before we could say anything else, finally letting out a small laugh as we waited for the valet to fetch his car. "We can't really catch a break, can we?"

I sighed, "I know. I'm sorry Sebastian. I don't want you to get fired."

"Don't worry about it." He cradled my cheek in his hand, "I don't need the job. I only teach because I like it. But you need to finish your last semester. So if I have to step down to placate your father, then I will. But I'm sure it won't come to that. We'll talk to him tomorrow."

"How do you know it won't come to that?"

He grinned, "because I'm quite charming."

I giggled as he leaned down to kiss me softly before ushering me into his car. "You got a new place already?"

He shrugged as he pulled the car away from the restaurant. "Money makes things move faster. I just hope you like it. I bought it with you in mind."

"Sebastian, you shouldn't be making decisions like that based on me."

He rested his hand on my thigh, giving it a small squeeze, "I do though. Because I want you in my future."

I rested my head back on the chair and watched him drive, "well I'm sure I'll love it."

He glanced at me with a smile, "Hello Darlin', Ryan McMullan."