viii. i can't choose right now

The four boys were making it extremely difficult for Jessa to choose

The four boys were making it extremely difficult for Jessa to choose. They were all so different in so many amazing ways. They all treated her like she was their actual girlfriend, which made Jessa feel amazing. But the games were fast approaching, which means that the time for her to make her decision was getting shorter. Herb still had to cut one more player, and unfortunately, he had to do that today. Of course, Jessa had to be the one to tell him that Herb needed to speak to him.

She knocked on the door of the locker room. "Yeah?" Rizzo shouted out. "Everyone decent?" She asked. "I mean, OC has no shirt on but I don't think you mind that." Silky called out. Jessa rolled her eyes and opened the door. "Very funny." She said. She avoided looking over at OC as she walked over to Ralph. "Coxy, Herb wants to see you." She informed him, and watched as his smile dropped. She gave him a sad smile before leaving and going to her office.

                                                                                               ***

Jessa didn't even look up as one of the boys entered her office. "Hey." She said, putting all of Ralph's paperwork into a file and sliding it to the corner of her desk. "Hey." Mac said as he started kissing her neck. "You okay?" He asked. "Mhm." She responded, tilting her head to give Mac more access. "You sure?" He asked, kissing down her shoulder. "Mac, I don't have a door." She said. "And I still have a lot of paperwork to do. And I need to get it done within the next week so that I can get job applications out and -"

Mac cut her off by grabbing her face and kissing her. Jessa smiled into the kiss and pulled away. "That was a really nice way of telling me to shut up." She whispered. Mac pecked her on the lips. "I'd do it forever if you let me." He said. Jessa pulled away. "Mac..." "I'm in love with you, Jess. Can't you see it? Please tell me you feel the same." Mac admitted. Jessa shook her head. "I can't. I can't choose right now. I need time. Can you understand that?" Mac nodded. "I'm sorry for springing that on you."

Jessa grabbed his face. She leaned in and pecked his lips again. "I'm glad you told me. But no matter what happens, you can't be mad." She said. Mac nodded. "Yeah. I should go. I don't wanna hog you from the others." He said, going to leave. "Mac?" He turned back around and Jessa leaned in and kissed him. "Thank you."

                                                                                                ***

Three days before the Olympic opening ceremony, the team was playing the Soviets at Madison Square Garden in New York City

Three days before the Olympic opening ceremony, the team was playing the Soviets at Madison Square Garden in New York City. Both teams lined up for the National Anthems and then the Soviet captain skated over and grabbed the NHL challenge trophy and paraded it around, showing it off. The spectators in the crowd booed. The boys skated over to the bench and sat down. Johnson took the face off with Mac and Silky on the wings. "From the heart, boys!" Herb shouted out.

The Soviets won the face off. They immediately went for a slapshot that hit the post. Jim was challenged again, having to dive to the other side of the net right away. "Come on, boys!" Sheldon shouted out. The boys kept getting slammed into the boards and thrown over players' shoulders. "Back door, OC, look out!" Herb shouted. The Soviet player grabbed the puck and shot it into the net behind Jim. OC pushed the Soviet player which caused his teammates to go after OC.

                                                                                                    ***

Halfway through the game, OC was slammed into the boards really hard, and injured his knee. The boys helped him over to the bench, and then Doc and Jessa took him back to the locker room. Jessa quickly helped him get out of his gear so that Doc could fix up his leg. "It hurts, Jessa." OC groaned. She moved his hair back out of his face. "I know, honey. I know." She said, kissing him on the forehead.

                                                                                                     ***

Jessa didn't go back out to the rink after OC got hurt. She didn't want to leave him. And he didn't want het to leave. The door slammed open after the game was over and Herb walked in. OC slowly sat up. "Don't strain yourself, honey." Jessa said, noticing that Herb had sat down on the bench in front of them. "What'd Doc say?" OC asked. "He doesn't know yet. He's gonna go with you to the hospital and get a picture of your knee taken. And then, uh, then we'll see."

Herb walked towards them and started at OC. He opened his mouth to say something but quickly closed it again. He sighed and patted OC on the shoulder before leaving to go to the locker room. "You want anything?" Jessa asked OC as he fixed the bandages on his knee. He shook his head. "Maybe a hug?" Jessa offered. OC nodded. Jessa stood up and hugged him as he pressed his head to her chest.

                                                                                                      ***

Jim knocked on the doorframe of Jessa's office. She looked up, smiling at him. "Wanna help me out a little bit?" He asked, rolling a tennis ball in his hand. "Sure." Jessa responded and they went out to the hallway. She threw the ball a couple of times before Jim turned to her. She held her hand out for the ball but instead, he threw the ball away and grabbed her by the waist and kissed her.

Jessa was the first to pull away, but kept her hands on the back of Jim's neck. "As much as I would love to continue, I have to go get ready to appoint our new team captain." She said. Jim smirked. "Oh, yeah? Who's that gonna be?" He asked. "You'll have to wait and see." She said, kissing him on the corner of his mouth before walking back into her office.

                                                                                               ***

"Coach said you wanted to see me?" Rizzo asked, smiling as he walked into Jessa's office. "Yeah. Close your eyes." She said with a smirk. "Okay." Rizzo said, doing as she said. Jessa grabbed the blue C and placed it on the left corner of his team USA jersey. She leaned up, placing a kiss on his cheek before moving back to lean against her desk. "And open." Rizzo opened his eyes. He looked down, face brightening up as he saw the C. "Me?" He asked. "Yes. You. Who else would it be?" Jessa asked. He walked closer to her and wrapped his arms around her. She hugged him back as he kissed her on the temple. "Thank you."