Chapter one: New Leaf

Haley...

After moving from Mississippi to Texas you didn't have a lot. Just your car, some of your books, a few hundred dollars you won from playing pool and poker, all your clothes you could fit in your bag and the gun that was also a going away gift from Morgan.

You had been driving for hours and was ready to find a place to stay, so you pull into a run down hotel that looked like something off Bates Motel... what not to love...

 You park at the front door and jump out. As you walk in, an old black car passes by, you smile because damn, that thing looks good. Before walk on in.

Inside the check in room, an older lady sits behind the counter. She was about 70 with white curly hair and smile lines. You walk over to the desk "Do you have any rooms?" She looks up to you and smiles "Why yes we do Hun, how long do you plan on staying?" You think about it for a moment "For a week at the most." She nods then starts typing on the laptop in front of her.

You look around and then outside to find the black car parked out front as well. You smile and laugh under your breath thinking back to when you were learning how to break into cars when you were younger. You glance back at the lady who's name tag says her name is Mary.

 She looks up to your car then back to you. "So, you and your boyfriend on a road trip?" you tilt your head "Umm, no ma'am just me and my car. I don't have a boyfriend." She nods "Oh...Well if I had your beauty and age I would have me a man in a minute." You laugh. Mary seems pretty nice, she reminded you of your mom.

She then goes on "Well if you don't have a boyfriend, then who is that young man at your car?" You quickly turn your attention back to your car, thinking she must be talking about another one but when you look, you find a man was leaned up on your car. He is very nice looking...Not your type... Morgan's type for sure but not yours.

 He is about 6'1 maybe 6'2, he couldn't be any older than 28. He has short somewhat dark sandy brown hair. He had on a black T-shirt, a leather jacket, old faded blue jeans and biker boots. He looked like the (on the road 24/7 type) but then again you looked like that too. You had just let your dirty blonde hair down from being in a bun after the shower you took this morning so it was wavy and a little ways past your shoulders. You also had on biker boots and skinny jeans along with a black racer back tank top that said AC/DC on the front in dark red.

As you watch the man at your car you think about the gun in the driver's seat... crap... Just then he looks up at you and locks eyes. It was like a staring contest until he finally looked away then back at you. You smirk and do a quite "Ha" To him showing you won. He just laughs a bright smile and rolls his eyes like it was over but then again you are never that lucky.

 He says something to another person you couldn't see, then walks inside never taking his eyes off you...great another guy looking for a one night stand, something you just don't have the time or need for. You turn back to Mary and smile "No miss Mary he is not mine, but if you want him he is all yours.'' she laughs ''no I don't believe I am his type maybe if I was 50 years younger but now I don't think so. I think he has his eye on you.'' As he walks over beside you, you could tell he liked to stay in shape and oh did he smell good... he had a musky smell very sexy but still, not your type.

He stands beside you making you felt very short next to him even though you were about 5'7, he looks over at Mary "Miss...Mary awe that was my mom's name. Anyways do you have any rooms for tonight?'' she smiles "Yes we do, one or two?'' he replies "Just one is fine." She starts typing him in and then looks to you "Oh Sweetie I didn't get your name." ... Good move Mary...good move... you put on a smile "Haley... Haley Marks.'' she nods and keep typing.